Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

HKS True Dual, how to fix small ding and is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZJoe
Meh, got a great deal on the LE37's I bought from him so now I'm just going to save up for a Motordyne setup.
Be sure you didn't get Rota's with Volk stickers on them! Sounds like he's trying to pull two fast ones...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uglyduc
Be sure you didn't get Rota's with Volk stickers on them! Sounds like he's trying to pull two fast ones...

post some pics of the rims OP and I would steer clear of your neighbor for future deals...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
ZJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the concern, fellas. I'm positive they are LE37's. I had one wheel off the other day and saw the logo on the inside with the specs. Here are some pics from the day I got 'em and cleaned them up. I'm taking them in this week to have some rash taken care of and to have all four cleaned up and refinished.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Barnabas

have any closeups face on??
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
ZJoe

Yep, just took these a few minutes ago. You had me worried for a minute "Volk Racing" and "Rays Engineering" are stamped into the wheel.

Front Wheel

Front showing "Rays Engineering"

Front showing "Volk Racing"

Rear wheel

Attached Thumbnails HKS True Dual, how to fix small ding and is it worth it?-front.jpg   HKS True Dual, how to fix small ding and is it worth it?-front-rays.jpg   HKS True Dual, how to fix small ding and is it worth it?-front-volks.jpg   HKS True Dual, how to fix small ding and is it worth it?-rear.jpg  

Last edited by ZJoe; 06-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Barnabas

Awesome!! I love the look!! Car is looking good... now you need to drop it some
Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
ZJoe

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Awesome!! I love the look!! Car is looking good... now you need to drop it some
Funny you should say that, I just ordered my KW V2's yesterday for Friday delivery! Also have some 08 headlights on the way and I'm going to buy my shorty antenna as soon as possible. The last thing to finish it off for now is a CF front lip as my old lip was ripped off.

Question; as you can see in the new pics I have some blue lug nuts. The wheel refinishing shop said that when they refinish the wheels that of course the current stickers will be taken clean off. All wheels will be stripped, any and all road rash repaired, wheels reshot in gloss black, lips repolished then clear coated. Because I like the blue/silver/black combo he offered to scan the limited edition sticker and have new stickers printed to match the blue on the lug nuts. While I think it will look sick will this diminish the value of the wheels at all? Maybe a stupid question but I don't want to do anything, well, stupid. I'm also thinking about applying the standard blue Rays or Volk Racing stickers as well. Thoughts?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
fairladyboss

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
Good eye!!!! I have a HKS true dual exhaust that I had to replace the tips on mine this weekend, the originals were all F'up on the bottoms from dragging on the steep driveway at my last house. My car is way slaMMed and I knew it was just a matter of time before I had to replace the tips. The new tips don't have the 3 bolt & nuts combos like the originals, matter of fact the new tips look muck cleaner without the hardware sticking out. I think I sill have the tips at my buddies house & will post up pics of the beyond fixable originals if I get the chance before I go on vacation on Wed.
sorry guy but you dont have a real hks exhaust you have a xo2 with knock off tips. the real hks exhaust dont have 3 bolts and nuts

Last edited by fairladyboss; 06-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Barnabas

I would say the only way they would bring the value down any would be people questioning the authenticity... but volks are all inscribed as you know.

Wheels used values are based on current demand and what people are willing to pay not a "book value" so I doubt you will notice a lower price by doing that.

Also if you do it to match the car then do it!! you can remove them later or if you sell the next person can if they dont like it. I say color match!! make them unique
Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM
ZJoe

Word. Thanks man.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Motordyne
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ZJoe
Thanks for the replies, guys. I know it's hard to see but the last pic to the right in the original post shows the ding. It's kind of flat on the upper edge of the tip and it moves back in a few inches. The pic is not the best and doesn't really show what I see in person but I didn't have time to do a proper photo shoot before I had to leave. Standing behind it from a few feet it jumps out at you. I would take more pics but Barnabas has just saved my ****.

Barnabas, thanks for pointing that out about the canister. I didn't even realize it when we were cleaning up the tips because I was so focused (and hopeful) about them. I don't blame the owner for this "oversight" because he bought the car as is but he told me it was ordered from Japan directly or some BS like that. The only thing that added credit to this belief was that the original owner confirmed it on an old post on one of the local forums.

Meh, got a great deal on the LE37's I bought from him so now I'm just going to save up for a Motordyne setup.

Thanks again guys for your comments.
Hi Joe, I'm glad to see that you are interested in our setup. To give you some heads up and good news about how you can save 10% on our exhaust system, please PM me about our 10% Spocom show discounts that will be held from 7/18 - 7/31. Hopefully this can help you out on putting that deep growling exhaust of ours and make a big smile on your face.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to assist you!