Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just got a Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Jaretr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a Bassani

Hello, I dont come around here often, as I dont drive my 350Z that much. She is a garage queen (its amazing how keeping a car out of the sun prevents it from aging!). Its a 2007 and it has about 4900 miles on it.

I have been wanting an exhaust for a long time, and after reading all the posts about the various exhausts, listening to dozens of clips, I settled on the Bassani (I think there might be more options for the 350z than the Mustang, which is amazing considering how many more Mustangs Ford sells vs. Z's). I also factored in I wanted something made in the USA even though its a Japanese car. Our economy needs all the help it can get.

First off, installation was relatively easy. I was able to do the install on a lift which made it much easier than on jack stands. Despite the fact my car has low mileage and a very clean undercarriage, loosening the original bolts was still a *****. The directions that come with the exhaust were thorough and very straightforward. Following them made it super easy. The fit seems perfect, no adjustment was needed after I got it all lined up and tightened down. I remember a friend installing (just happened to be a Bassani) exhaust on a Charger and he couldnt get it to fit perfectly without it rubbing something, had to go to a muffler shop to get it adjusted.

From a sound perspective, it sounds nice. Its not really all that loud, but definitely louder than stock, but far from being obnoxious. The VQ engines just emit a sexy exhaust note no matter what exhaust is on them. Now at least I can hear it from inside the car where the stock exhaust was basically silent. With the cool weather (mid 60's) and the new exhaust, its hard to tell if its making a performance impact, but it must be. It seems easier to break the rear tires loose with full throttle (not dumping the clutch).

Overall I am pleased so far. It wasn't cheap, but I feel I got a pretty well engineered, well made part for my car. I also threw in some K&N filters to reward the intake

Jaret
Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 PM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I was torn between this exhaust and the GReddy EvoII.. I found a GReddy with low miles so i went that way... I love the way they both sound but couldnt beat the price on the EvoII.

The Bassani is supposed to liven up after a few hundred miles too, so get ready for that!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
SexyRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I <3 my bassani. It sounds even better with headers, HFC, and cams
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't say the bassani exhaust livens up after a couple hundred miles, but it does start to sound more like it should. it's a great sounding system. it's an utter pain to work on though due to the slip fit stuff and being like 8 different pieces, when we swapped my differentials my mechanic buddy was cursing at it and having to move everything sequentially to get access to certain areas etc, and again for high flow cats.. lol
Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
SexyRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you shouldn't have had to mess with any slip fittings for the cats...

I've changed mine in and out like 4 times already and not touched the rest of the exhaust.

although I will say I wish I had some v-band clamps. like the motordyne.