Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Shockwave TDX2 Exhaust Install/Review (Pictures&Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JaE35z
great review and pics
Originally Posted by tcode
Awesome!!

Thanks guys, i'm really enjoying this system on the car, 100% would buy it again.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Suwaidi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Motordyne produced headers or LTH, I would be all over them instantly
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

I believe that the pain of changing out the manifold and a comparative lack of demand as a result of that, means they weren't really worth it.

I know that the later model manifolds are much better than the first few years of the 350 though.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 AM
ryanm8

How much additional clearance did you gain from the rear Motordyne sway bar vs. the stock one? I know they are supposed to offer more room.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
clarkah

Originally Posted by F2CMaDMaXX
Nope, well, not strictly true.

Under specific situations, i can hear a very slight hiss;

If the engine is cold, i'm on a downhill section, and the revs are about 2k and decelerating, i can hear a small hiss, but that's it.
Hopefully tony is in the work of fixing the hissing sound for the next version of art pipe. My tdx2 with berk hfc sounds great but the hissing sound is the only thing that's bothering me.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Originally Posted by clarkah
Hopefully tony is in the work of fixing the hissing sound for the next version of art pipe. My tdx2 with berk hfc sounds great but the hissing sound is the only thing that's bothering me.
You understand that the hissing is to do with the engine and the straight pipe combo? As i stated above, the condition and amount that i get hiss is incredibly minimal, with ART pipes, it's going to hiss way less than straight HFC's and/or standard TPs

Short version, you'll be lucky if you notice *ANY* hissing with ART pipes and a TDX2.

Last edited by F2CMaDMaXX; 11-05-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Clarity.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Originally Posted by ryanm8
How much additional clearance did you gain from the rear Motordyne sway bar vs. the stock one? I know they are supposed to offer more room.
I honestly couldn't give you a personal measurement on this one, i never had the TDX2 and the stock sway-bar installed at the same time However, i believe there is an amount that MD know to give a specific figure.

I do know from other peoples reviews, that there is additional clearance, i also know that the TDX2 has no problems clearing the stock bar. I don't think i have any pictures of the current clearance, but what i can tell you, is that when i was checking my system after i heard an occasional knock, that the swaybar was not an area of concern.

FYI, my occasional knock (heard when driving over railway lines) was caused by my initial poor adjustment of the mid-section hangar. It was a simple fix and there is even more clearance now than i ever thought possible, not a sound since
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
CannMann21

Mmm sooo sexy! Even though I have yet to hear this in person, I am about 99.5% sure this will be on my To Buy list this winter.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

I took a little leap of faith, based on the fact i know a little about the way basic mono mics make things sound, seems it paid off, big time
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
unvmyg35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a hissing sound with my art tp's and ark grip exhaust combo. When I replaced my ark grip with the TDX2 last month, the hisssing was completely gone. The exhaust sound even better after break in. Best exhaust IMHO.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Sounds great dude. Honestly I really love my Nismo exhaust, the sound, the oem look, and loudness (I used to get exhaust tickets left and right with my Civic; Buddy Club Pro-Spec, Spoon N1, Greddy Evo2 to name a few exhaust setups) but if I wanted louder and didn't have to worry about the cops, this would be the exhaust I would get. This thing sounds amazing, congrats on the pickup!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM
clarkah

Originally Posted by unvmyg35
I had a hissing sound with my art tp's and ark grip exhaust combo. When I replaced my ark grip with the TDX2 last month, the hisssing was completely gone. The exhaust sound even better after break in. Best exhaust IMHO.
That's good news, ill probably have to wait another month due to tight budget.. Property tax my last question would be do I need a retune after replacing my hfc with art pipes?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Sounds great dude. Honestly I really love my Nismo exhaust, the sound, the oem look, and loudness (I used to get exhaust tickets left and right with my Civic; Buddy Club Pro-Spec, Spoon N1, Greddy Evo2 to name a few exhaust setups) but if I wanted louder and didn't have to worry about the cops, this would be the exhaust I would get. This thing sounds amazing, congrats on the pickup!
Yeah, they're pretty loud exhausts, esp on a Honda Although this could be classed as loud, and to be fair, it's fairly so at max RPM and throttle, it's pretty tame sounding around town and normal driving.
That's one of the main reasons i get away with it as a DD, if it wasn't well behaved around town or normal driving, i'd have the same problem.

All i get is a great note from the system, it works out really nicely.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

That's good news, ill probably have to wait another month due to tight budget.. Property tax my last question would be do I need a retune after replacing my hfc with art pipes?

Yeah, i couldn't get this right away, i had to save a little, but it was well worth it rather than going with something lesser.

If you're just replacing HFC's with ARTs, you can gain from a tune, but you're not going to have much of a problem if you don't.

If you're doing the whole system, with the TDX2, them i highly recommend a tune to get the most out of it.

My car was running lean after all the mods (not just the exhaust) so the tune *really* helped me.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 PM
clarkah

Originally Posted by F2CMaDMaXX
Yeah, i couldn't get this right away, i had to save a little, but it was well worth it rather than going with something lesser.

If you're just replacing HFC's with ARTs, you can gain from a tune, but you're not going to have much of a problem if you don't.

If you're doing the whole system, with the TDX2, them i highly recommend a tune to get the most out of it.

My car was running lean after all the mods (not just the exhaust) so the tune *really* helped me.
I'm already running tdx2, before the tune I was running a little lean too haha
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
GremmZ

Awesome write up.

I've been weighing my options on exhaust systems and this is the 3rd write up or so that is really preaching how good the motordyne tdx v2 system is.

I was considering the HKS, ARK, TDX V2.

Everyone i've spoken to has had nothing but great things to say about this exhaust. I've made my mind up and i'm going to go with the TDX v2!

Thanks again for the write up, really helps guys like me trying to decide on what to get!

Last edited by GremmZ; 11-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Thanks, GremmZ, and you're welcome, i'm glad this is some real practical use to some people as well as car **** for others

I feel i made the right decision, so i'm sure you'll be very happy with the exhaust!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

After one day of installing my motordyne. Oh wow, I love it. Sounds mean, like out of my f-n way!!! Now I gotta install art pipe, what should I prepare for?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Congrats

I'd make sure you start soaking the bolts on the manifold to cat side, just keep soaking them each day, it will help greatly when you come to undo them and fit the ART pipes.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate it. I did a 5 second pb blast (a little impatient on my end) end up cutting the pipe. I'll soak it and try for next weekend. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Shockwave TDX2 Exhaust Install/Review (Pictures&Vids)