Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

DYNO Kinetix Velocity Manifold VS MD 5/16th spacer

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

DE. Was suppose to be in the matter of 2 months. However got speeding ticket 400 miles from home so have to see my total cost. Or if any z owners would buy my quality rays wheels with new tires for cheaper then any other quality wheel w/o tires id do this before oct
Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

I saw on G35 suggesting MAF and 3.5 tube. Sounds intriguing.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:40 AM
gotama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any verdict on best intake?

wow 3 year thread gap. Well took me a while but I decided to start modding my Z further

So based on this 3 year thread gap any new updates from your experiences with intake manifolds when it comes to summarise on the best intake what would be best gains? for 350z '06 revup. Cosworth, Kinetix Velocity, or MREV and 5/16 spacer?

I am going FI in future so preferably would be great to see some power gain now while I still am NA, at the same time I want the intake to breadthe cool and nicely for my future FI setup.

This week I am buying an intake and need some final guidance!

Last edited by gotama; 01-25-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:04 PM
waldo36

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going FI, don't waste any money on NA mods. You'll just have to take them back off, and you'll save your money faster for FI build by not buying NA mods. And you don't necessarily need an intake that'll breathe cool air...that's why most FI setups have a thing called an "intercooler"/ intake cooler built into the system.

if you're desperate to spend money, just search best NA mods and have a ball. Otherwise don't spend any more money until you're ready drop dolla-bills on every piece you need for FI from filter to exhaust.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:41 AM
gotama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waldo36
If your going FI, don't waste any money on NA mods. You'll just have to take them back off, and you'll save your money faster for FI build by not buying NA mods. And you don't necessarily need an intake that'll breathe cool air...that's why most FI setups have a thing called an "intercooler"/ intake cooler built into the system.

if you're desperate to spend money, just search best NA mods and have a ball. Otherwise don't spend any more money until you're ready drop dolla-bills on every piece you need for FI from filter to exhaust.
cheers for advice. will go with basic motordyne plenum 5/16 spacer for now until i got the cash for FI. then when I am ready to spend will get all the stuff i need. Meanwhile will gather some info.

for FI what would seem to be a good choice for intake manifold ? with proven dyno results.

Cheers

Last edited by gotama; 01-26-2016 at 02:43 AM.