Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 PM
kakirk30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Questions

Whatsup guys, I have decided on what exhaust I want to go with. It is the 5Zigen SuperLap Single Exhaust. It's a super lightweight Single and it has a smaller exhaust can so it looks a little better. I am going to do the DIY Burnt tip on it. Anyway I have $1100 to spend on my Z, the exhaust is $645 shipped from speedalliance.com. So that leaves me with around $365 dollars to spend on parts as $100 is needed to install the stuff. I was looking at either getting a Y-Pipe or an Intake. The two Y-Pipes I was looking at were the Tomei Y-Pipe and the 5Zigen Pro-Racer Y-pipe. Which would be the better buy? I am going to call up my local shops to see if they can do $1150 for parts and labor. I have emailed speedalliance to see if they can do the same thing except for install. Then if I go with intakes I was looking at either the HKS Racing Suction, Blitz Sonic Power Filter w/ Z1 Chrome Z-tube, or Greddy Airinx Kit w/ Z1 Chrome Z-tube. So out of these choices what to guys think I should go with? Or if I should go a different route with the money.
Thanks, Kaleb
Here is a link to the 5zigen Exhaust Sound(It sounds insane)-
And here is what it looks like(this is not vehicle specific, but it is what the muffler looks like)-

Last edited by kakirk30; 08-18-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-19-2014, 01:37 AM
kakirk30

Well just forget this thread except for people who are looking to get this exhaust. I did some more research( like I should have in the first place) and decided to go with this 5Zigen SuperLap Exhaust with Z1 5/16" Plenum Spacer, an Apexi Power Intake Kit, and a Z1 Chrome Z Tube. It will give me the sound I am looking for and the Plenum will give the best gain for the buck.
/thread
Old 08-19-2014, 05:26 AM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

That video sounds very raspy and shitty IMHO.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:43 AM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with you Conway, it does sound really raspy. I wouldn't go so far as to say it sounded shitty though, I've heard far worse.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:01 AM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto here.

I thought it was just me who thought it sounded waaaaaay ricey when I listened to it last night.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 PM
kakirk30

I agree with you guys it does sound raspy. But I don't think it sounds ricey. I like the raspy, high pitched sound. So yea...
Here is another video of the same exhaust but it sounds a little different. Whichever it actually sounds like. I like both of them-
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 PM
calibredz33

super raspy... i love it... are you running stock exhaust @ the y pipe and before? running a resonated test pipe will help bring back some drone if that isn't your style tho.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
kakirk30

Originally Posted by calibredz33
super raspy... i love it... are you running stock exhaust @ the y pipe and before? running a resonated test pipe will help bring back some drone if that isn't your style tho.
Glad somebody likes it. I'm not going to do test pipes. Cause I need to pass emissions. I will probably just get berk hfc's. Also speed alliance emailed me back about the 5zigen with Tomei Y Pipe and said they can do $1100 shipped. So now I don't know what I want to do. I think I would get more horsepower with the spacer and intake combo. What do you think?
Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Boy do I NOT miss a super loud exhaust. Headaches for days... Once took a 3 hour trip and contemplated stabbing my ears a few times.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
kakirk30

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Boy do I NOT miss a super loud exhaust. Headaches for days... Once took a 3 hour trip and contemplated stabbing my ears a few times.
Well I am young so its just a matter of opinion I guess. What do guys think, Y-pipe and exhaust or Exhaust, plenum, and intake?
Also here is another exhaust clip- This is with the silencer and it doesn't sound good so I won't be using the silencer.

Last edited by kakirk30; 08-19-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Received 9,155 Likes on 6,603 Posts

Originally Posted by kakirk30
Well I am young so its just a matter of opinion I guess. What do guys think, Y-pipe and exhaust or Exhaust, plenum, and intake?
Also here is another exhaust clip- This is with the silencer and it doesn't sound good so I won't be using the silencer.
explains it all

Originally Posted by kakirk30
Glad somebody likes it. I'm not going to do test pipes. Cause I need to pass emissions. I will probably just get berk hfc's. Also speed alliance emailed me back about the 5zigen with Tomei Y Pipe and said they can do $1100 shipped. So now I don't know what I want to do. I think I would get more horsepower with the spacer and intake combo. What do you think?
they don't do the sniffer in TX so as long as you don't have a check engine light you are good. also with all the breathing mods, you are going to be very lean... you will need to tune it to prevent damage... so figure in another $700

Originally Posted by Conway_160
That video sounds very raspy and shitty IMHO.
agree
Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM
SQuaLZ

Look into Agency Power exhaust. Sounds soooo much better and it's around the same price. It is also really loud but not raspy like this one.

5Zigen is not a good company. I wouldn't even buy there parts when I was young and had my Civic.

Just saying there are better options out there for the same price.

Last edited by SQuaLZ; 08-19-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
kakirk30

Look into Agency Power exhaust. Sounds soooo much better and it's around the same price. It is also really loud but not raspy like this one.

5Zigen is not a good company. I wouldn't even buy there parts when I was young and had my Civic.

Just saying there are better options out there for the same price.
Just saying 5Zigen is a really good company. People have good things to say about. In house made in japan. Its quality stuff. Why do you say its crap?
reviews-
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44398
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lite...n-exhaust.html
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=152125
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23469-5...racer-exhaust/

Last edited by kakirk30; 08-19-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:10 PM
SQuaLZ

So then get it. Like I said, I think, and I am sure most on this forum would agree, that better exhausts are available for the 350Z in that price range.

5Zigen is big in the Honda world, not Nissan world. At the end of the day it's your car so get whatever you want, you made this thread to get people's opinions about this exhaust, and with the exception of one person, everybody else doesn't like it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get it, but that is up to you.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Judging from your join date it seems like you are a new Z owner. If I were you I would just do some more research on this forum about the available exhausts for this platform. So many available and this forum has more than enough to research and find exactly what fits your needs.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

three of the four you posted are for non Z cars..... i won't judge ya on what you get, but remember like most things in life, you get what you pay for. if that is what you like and all you can afford, then get it....
Old 08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
kakirk30

So then get it. Like I said, I think, and I am sure most on this forum would agree, that better exhausts are available for the 350Z in that price range.

5Zigen is big in the Honda world, not Nissan world. At the end of the day it's your car so get whatever you want, you made this thread to get people's opinions about this exhaust, and with the exception of one person, everybody else doesn't like it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get it, but that is up to you.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Judging from your join date it seems like you are a new Z owner. If I were you I would just do some more research on this forum about the available exhausts for this platform. So many available and this forum has more than enough to research and find exactly what fits your needs.
I just wanted something different and this is exhaust is more practical since it has a smaller can. I'm going to build my car as a stance drifter type car. So it will be pretty low so it won't scrape so bad as something like Agency Power. I agree the Agency Power is a good exhaust. I have done research on exhaust the ones I've looked at are
Greddy TIC Single
Tomei Expreme Ti
JIC Semi-Ti
Agency Power Ti
Apexi N1 EXti
Tanabe Medalion Single Ti
Fujitsubo RM01A(considering this one as its different and cheap)
Old 08-19-2014, 06:33 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

i will let you in on a secret..... i am lowered an inch, and my M brace and front lip drag on all kinds of things, never once has my exhaust drug on anything
Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 PM
kakirk30

Not quite this low probably .75- 1 inch higher in height but still really low. I don't want the exhaust to get super dented like some i've seen on these kinds of cars.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:53 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

ugh...... to each their own, but it makes the car undriveable and when stances not safe
Old 08-19-2014, 07:10 PM
kakirk30

Originally Posted by travlee9374
ugh...... to each their own, but it makes the car undriveable and when stances not safe
Yea I know a lot of people dont like this style. But something along the lines of the Z in this video is what I'm going for.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Questions