Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Custom stainless steel single exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:53 PM
jmichzx6r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the sound of it. I do have a momentum performance y-pipe so it can be insanely loud at times but it definitely delivers that vq sound I love, especially at wot.

but if you ever feel like selling your new one let me know. may need to start prepping for another z lol.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:58 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You do good work, but as stated before thats going to be really loud.

Looks great.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 AM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Finally got around to completing this thing and making jigs for each half of the exhaust. Being as clumsy as I am, I dropped my tig cup and it broke into 2 pieces -_- Can't finish it until I get a new one.

Also! I fit 2 regulators on the argon bottle and ran one at about 6CFH for the back purge. I was able to get 2 welds done before I broke my cup

I still have a long way to go
The following users liked this post:
rustyschopshop (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 AM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

So pretty

Now put a resonator lol
Old 03-16-2016, 10:00 PM
venture210

Originally Posted by HRMoneyPit
So pretty

Now put a resonator lol
Ship me a vibrant one and I will lol
Old 03-17-2016, 04:59 PM
A-Town-Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by venture210
Finally got around to completing this thing and making jigs for each half of the exhaust. Being as clumsy as I am, I dropped my tig cup and it broke into 2 pieces -_- Can't finish it until I get a new one.

Also! I fit 2 regulators on the argon bottle and ran one at about 6CFH for the back purge. I was able to get 2 welds done before I broke my cup

I still have a long way to go
Nicely done!! Back purging is the way to go. Cant wait for some sound clips haha. I'm an advocate for single, overly loud exhaust setups.

Last edited by A-Town-Z; 03-22-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:08 PM
venture210

New TIG torch setup...

These were the first welds I did before my trial and error process produced the welds on the v band flanges.

Since this is the first exhaust I've made since I made the decision to take fabrication more seriously, I'm keeping it. This is because this exhaust still isn't as good as I want it to be...
For the future, expect to see CNC'd mating flanges, cleaner butt welds on the joints, and a better muffler hanger setup

Sound clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm0l...ature=youtu.be

Car currently has HR exhaust manifolds, resonated test pipes, and the stock y pipe. I was expecting some rasp but this thing ended up sounding better than the AAM I had on

Last edited by venture210; 03-25-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:15 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Looks damb good wish I had that kind of motivation and skills... And tools
Old 03-25-2016, 02:35 PM
venture210

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Looks damb good wish I had that kind of motivation and skills... And tools
Thanks man. Keep in mind that I don't own any of these tools and in order to use them, I have to pretty much work for free. To be able to use the shop for half a day, I had to create a lot of CAD models for some temperature control units and when welding I have to use my own argon. Also the tig welder is some cheap Chinese cracker box. I want to make more than just exhausts for our cars but I need to make enough money to get my own work space and tools. At this point in time, all I really own is an under developed fabrication technique/ welding skills, and now 1 complete exhaust. I had to plow through a lot of "road blocks" to even get here so forgive me if I sound a little bitter
Old 03-25-2016, 06:29 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I have a mig welder and was thinking of fabbing up some aluminum parts but I haven't been motivated enough yet... I couldn't even get motivated enough to patch up hairline cracks in my y pipe.

The struggle is real, keep on keeping on... That came out great I would be pretty happy with myself if I made that from scratch even if it cost more in time energy and free labor then a big brand ti system.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:52 AM
venture210

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I have a mig welder and was thinking of fabbing up some aluminum parts but I haven't been motivated enough yet... I couldn't even get motivated enough to patch up hairline cracks in my y pipe.

The struggle is real, keep on keeping on... That came out great I would be pretty happy with myself if I made that from scratch even if it cost more in time energy and free labor then a big brand ti system.
Tip for mig welding aluminum, invest in a spool gun.

And come on bro! Hair line cracks shouldn't take too long to fix, tig would be easiest because it would basically just be a fusion weld (no filler wire needed). Just make sure you clean it real good before welding.

I plan to keep moving forward with this also. I already broke the bank once so there's no where to go but up
Old 03-27-2016, 02:36 AM
KYNgsx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job on the exhaust. I built a similar exhaust for my car, yours came out way nicer than my first effort.

Last edited by KYNgsx; 03-27-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:04 PM
venture210

Originally Posted by KYNgsx
Great job on the exhaust. I built a similar exhaust for my car, yours came out way nicer than my first effort.
Thanks man, do you have any pics of yours? I love seeing other peoples work
Old 03-27-2016, 10:32 PM
KYNgsx

Thanks man, do you have any pics of yours? I love seeing other peoples work
Here's a few pictures, first version:

Second version, after building several other exhausts:

Old 03-29-2016, 12:43 PM
venture210

Bruh that thing is straighter than my dad haha how does the second one sound without the use of a muffler?
Old 03-30-2016, 08:19 PM
KYNgsx

Bruh that thing is straighter than my dad haha how does the second one sound without the use of a muffler?
It's pretty loud, especially over 4000 rpm. It does have a small resonator (plus stock y pipe and cats) so it can still cruise quietly if you keep the rpm under 2500 and try hard enough. Cold starts have a pretty loud bark.

Last edited by KYNgsx; 03-30-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:26 AM
JMSpeed

Sound clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm0l...ature=youtu.be

Car currently has HR exhaust manifolds, resonated test pipes, and the stock y pipe. I was expecting some rasp but this thing ended up sounding better than the AAM I had on
I really like the sound of this. I'm glad I searched first because I was just about to purchase the same muffler and have a shop fab it up.

To be clear, in the clip ypu essentially you have RTP's, stock Y and this? I didn't hear rasp, and that surprises me. I would have the exact same setup in the end. Do you have any other more complete sound clips?

Last edited by JMSpeed; 05-02-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:11 AM
venture210

Originally Posted by JMSpeed
I really like the sound of this. I'm glad I searched first because I was just about to purchase the same muffler and have a shop fab it up.

To be clear, in the clip ypu essentially you have RTP's, stock Y and this? I didn't hear rasp, and that surprises me. I would have the exact same setup in the end. Do you have any other more complete sound clips?
Glad you like it man! and unfortunately, no I don't have a better sound clip. I've been too busy with school to do more exhaust related stuff. Now that I'm out, I have another project in the works I'm going to be making another version of this exhaust but with a resonator. Also, I have a couple friends in the photography/video industry that I'm going to ask to help me put together a short video of it
Old 05-05-2016, 06:15 PM
JMSpeed

Glad you like it man! and unfortunately, no I don't have a better sound clip. I've been too busy with school to do more exhaust related stuff. Now that I'm out, I have another project in the works I'm going to be making another version of this exhaust but with a resonator. Also, I have a couple friends in the photography/video industry that I'm going to ask to help me put together a short video of it
No worries. I feel you on being busy. Just bought a house and have neglected car projects.

Are you adding a resonator because you didn't like the sound after a while?
Old 05-08-2016, 08:49 AM
venture210

Personally, I love the sound. Even with the cheap a** test pipes I own, the rasp is practically non existent. When I put the cats on, it got that clean "trumpet" Nissan V6 sound. I heard my car from the outside yesterday when I went cruising with some buddies and it sounds better than I expected. The reason for the resonator is because the next one I make will be going up for sale. Even though there is low chance of rasp for anyone's exhaust setup, I want to make sure it's completely cut out by using a midpipe resonator

Quick Reply: Custom stainless steel single exhaust