Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Anybody know what this hose is for?

Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 PM
alvear1311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know what this hose is for?

​​​​I removed my air intake to clean the throttle body. And that hose was laying there. Does anyone know what it's for and where it's connected to? Does it go into the hole in my intake?
Old 12-30-2016, 02:10 AM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Not positive, but I do believe that is supposed to be in the intake tubing. Whoever did the aftermarket intake looks like they just ignored it. I would think your best solution is to get a small crankcase filter and stick that on it.

Like one of these, that way any dirt does not get into it

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...Fc6Eswodf1gBAw
Old 12-30-2016, 02:17 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Yes it goes into your hole in your intake pipe... Why else would you have a hole in your intake pipe?
Old 12-30-2016, 06:54 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Yes it goes into your hole in your intake pipe... Why else would you have a hole in your intake pipe?
Cause moar horsepower?

I heard that's the JDM breather mod.. allows for optimal air flow when you hit boost with N/A.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:06 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Why do people think cleaning the throttle body does anything?

Yes it fits in the hole, and hopefully you didn't destroy your TB
Old 12-30-2016, 08:40 AM
Dan Garcia
Professional

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

a dirty throttle body will cause your gas pedal to stick, had that problem with my yukon, cleaned the throttle body and the pedal sticking went away, who knows maybe bad gas or something else, there was sticky gummy residue inside of it.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:58 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Garcia
a dirty throttle body will cause your gas pedal to stick, had that problem with my yukon, cleaned the throttle body and the pedal sticking went away, who knows maybe bad gas or something else, there was sticky gummy residue inside of it.
It gets oil from the crankcase breather on it, if gas is getting on it, you have bigger problems. Being electronically controlled, it will not stick like the primitive cable trhrottle system if your chevy. Then we have the fact that the electronics like to screw up when the TB butterfly is moved by hand for cleaning.

Last edited by terrasmak; 12-31-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:31 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,265 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Yep... If you forced it open to clean it... It's probably broken. The gears inside the drive mechanism are plastic. Cleaning the TB does nothing anyways. There's probably 1/2 cup of oil in your plenum.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:19 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's the crankcase vent hose. With that not being connected I'm betting you have idle issues and stalling on cold starts.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:50 PM
zerosec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true..that hose goes into your intake tube...
Old 01-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Then we have the fact that the electronics like to screw up when the TB butterfly is moved by hand for cleaning.
I cycle my TB all the time by hand..no ill effect. The TB is one of the most simple pieces on the car. It is two pots and a motor...nothing fancy. The issue that some people may experience is if they move it while connected and back feed voltage to the ECU, doubt that though. I imagine nissan has diodes installed to prevent this.

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Yep... If you forced it open to clean it... It's probably broken. The gears inside the drive mechanism are plastic.
The motor gear is metal . You can beat on the TB blade quite a bit and it will be ok. There are screw stops for the gears. As long as the motor isnt engaged then there is not much to worry about. The TB blade will hit the housing before you even start to stress the gears. The motor slaps the TB open/close harder than you would by pressing on the butterfly.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:54 PM
NickNunez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why this turned into a TB thread? This has to do with the PCV system lol. To the OP, seal the hole on the intake tube and get a oil catch can for the hosing. These engines create a lot of blow by and dump the blow by mixture into the plenum on the passenger side from the valve cover and this guy is connected to the backside of the driver side valve cover. If you get a catch can mount it in the center by the fans and pipe it to both valve covers! This will catch all the oil and fuel residue that would of normally went into the intake plenum 😳 Trust me as somebody who's newish to this car a lot of blow by is caught in the catch can and this should be the #1 priority for any z owners! Good luck mate
Old 01-05-2017, 04:43 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by NickNunez
Not sure why this turned into a TB thread? This has to do with the PCV system lol. To the OP, seal the hole on the intake tube and get a oil catch can for the hosing. These engines create a lot of blow by and dump the blow by mixture into the plenum on the passenger side from the valve cover and this guy is connected to the backside of the driver side valve cover. If you get a catch can mount it in the center by the fans and pipe it to both valve covers! This will catch all the oil and fuel residue that would of normally went into the intake plenum 😳 Trust me as somebody who's newish to this car a lot of blow by is caught in the catch can and this should be the #1 priority for any z owners! Good luck mate
it happens, you will learn young noob
Old 06-24-2023, 08:57 AM
ChrizCrozz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU DUDE!!! A Clear Answer.

Search this Thread