Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Suggestions to reduce noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:10 PM
BeeMovieWasOk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions to reduce noise

Hey guys, not sure how often this topic comes up but I could use a little advice from more experienced folks.

my '08 Z is running HKS HI-Power exhaust paired with Motordyne ART pipes. Ever since installing the ART pipes last week, my car is super loud. I can feel the vibrations when accelerating underneath me and the cabin noise with the windows rolled up is an almost unbearable drone. I was expecting some loudness but now as much as it is now.

I've been looking st Motordyne XYZ pipes with resonator and high flow cats to add. Will this help at all with the noise without negating the power gains from the ART pipes? Or are there any other suggestions? I've even considered Dynamat at this point too.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:03 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

The Resonator attachment or the HFC attachment for the MD XYZ Pipe will clean up the tone of your exhaust note, making it less raspy, but it will still be somewhat loud.

Dynamat will help somewhat with drone but won't make it completely go away, these motors are very loud once the OEM cats are removed. If it's too much I would suggest running HFCs and still use the stock exhaust if noise and drone is still an issue. My suggestion.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:00 PM
BeeMovieWasOk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm okay with it being loud, just the way it sounds now is too loud and really raw. If the XYZ pipe with the HFC attachment cleans the sound up, I'll do that.

I should also mention that I can hear the pipes banging against something whenever I give it some gas or go over a bump. Like, "slamming against the underside" banging. I'm starting to think that maybe the shop didn't install them properly or messed something up underneath.