Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

TB Coolant bypass quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TB Coolant bypass quick question

So it's summer and I was gonna do this mod while I'm on the engine doing various other things and I know it's been beat to death over the years but in searching alot really just pertains to the Motordyne kit and pics don't work and so on.

Questions

It's a 1/4 ID hose right. The hose on the driver's side going up under the plenum? Can I just cap off both sides and remove the hose? One cap on the driver's side hard pipe and cap on the plenum.

Question 2 - If the TB bypass done what happens with the other coolant hose. Isn't there another one under the TB. It's kinda confusing and my main concern is like a big air pocket blocked up because I blocked the wrong hose. I don't have access to any welding.

Does anyone just hook up the input and output TB Coolant together, rather not need a valve. I have 7 more months of good heated weather ahead of me
Old 06-23-2017, 05:39 PM
DarkZ03

Received 487 Likes on 407 Posts

If you are trying to delete it altogether, just connect both hoses together or get a hose long enough to go from nipple to nipple.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Swaglife81

Which ends would need to be connected together is my question. I understand the CCV from Motordyne connects inbetween the one driver side hose that goes from the driver's side hard pipe to plenum but there are coolant hoses all over this engine. I have two connections under the throttle body I wasn't sure about. I have a couple 1/4 inch couplers and plenty of caps. I deleted the front bypass hose that goes over the front of the engine. I've seen someone delete the one hose instead of a bypass and just capped it off on both sides and saw a DIY on Nico showing 2 hoses uncut connected to each other but the other pics didn't work so I have no idea which how goes to what from that DIY.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Swaglife81

I'll reword my question someone might make it more confusing.

The 2 coolant hoses that go to the upper intake collector. One on the passenger side hard pipe and the one on the driver's side hard pipe would be connected together. The two nipples from the upper collector will be capped off correct ?

I'm changing my thermostat out here in a few so rather do it all at once
Old 06-24-2017, 09:42 PM
DarkZ03

Received 487 Likes on 407 Posts

What I was getting at is if you wanted it to be reversible easily or not?
These are the options:
1. If you want it to be easily reversible just unplug both hoses at the manifold and attach them to each other using a barbed union
2. Remove both hoses and cap off the nipples at hard pipe and back of engine
3. Do what I did and replace both hoses with a single hose going from the back of the engine to the hard pipe.
I don't like capping stuff off so option 3 is what I did, I have no nipple left in my intake anyway because I have a Kinetix manifold and a NWP TB with shaved nipples.
The following users liked this post:
KingBaby (06-25-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 09:37 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^

what I did as well..

connect driver side coolant nipple line to back side nipple

capping it with a water cap goes brittle after a while and will burst
Old 06-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Swaglife81

Thanks guys. I planned on using a Barb union and connect both hoses together but I of course ran into a few little issues and ran a CCV like in the Motordyne kit.

I pulled the thermostat out to throw in a 170 degree and a 180 was what was in the car. I used a Gates brand 170. Than when it was time to bleed the cooling system I went to turn the air relief screw and the damn thing snapped in half, FML. Advance, AutoZone, O'Reilly's does not carry a heater connector and air relief valve. Spent 3 hours on the phone with these 3 stores and finally called it and end on that. Dealer only part as far as retail parts stores are concerned. Than I saw a parking light out and one of my headlight caps had fallen off from the back. Sometimes things aren't to smooth when doing basic stuff. I did clean up some factory ground wires and added a couple add on 8 gauge ground wires. Went to 14.4 volts after that so I'm happy.
The following users liked this post:
KingBaby (06-26-2017)