Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Trying to sort out test pipe codes before inspection

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 05:56 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Trying to sort out test pipe codes before inspection

Hello all,

So I recently installed AAM test pipes on my 2008 350Z, and of course I got the CEL.

The AAM test pipes have an extension built into the test pipe for the secondary O2 sensors, but I still installed the O2 extenders on top of that. I don't remember the exact code, but it was something along the lines of Oxygen Sensor Low Voltage.

I figured that it was because I installed the extenders on top of the already extended test pipes, so I removed the extenders and directly bolted the sensors to the test pipe.

Shortly after, code P0037 showed up, HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2. So now I was thinking that maybe the sensor just went bad.

Troubleshooting the sensor, I swapped the sensors to see if it was just this sensor, and now I am getting 2 codes, P0037 and P0057, HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 2 and Bank 2 Sensor 2.

I have my inspection in a month, and I guess the best course of action is just purchasing 2 new sensors. But my fear is still getting the codes.

Just want to see if any other people have dealt with these codes and switching between extenders and no extenders.

I know the correct way to fix this is to buy UpRev, but I am still unsure about keeping the car for much longer so I am trying to keep it from being any more of a money pit.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:07 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,291 Likes on 895 Posts

Not sure about NY regulations, but here in Colorado you wouldn't have much chance of passing an emissions inspection. All they'd need to do is check underneath (CEL or not) and find the cats were missing. If you're really going to sell the Z, why not put the cats back on and sell the next owner a car that'll pass an inspection?
Old 11-08-2017, 05:41 AM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by dkmura
Not sure about NY regulations, but here in Colorado you wouldn't have much chance of passing an emissions inspection. All they'd need to do is check underneath (CEL or not) and find the cats were missing. If you're really going to sell the Z, why not put the cats back on and sell the next owner a car that'll pass an inspection?
It is a friend's shop so I don't have to worry about a visual inspection.

The reason I took out the cats is because they were rusted, and one cracked during removal.

So my only options right now are to have the test pipes and not have a CEL.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:47 AM
SQuaLZ

Just said screw it and ordered 2 sensors from Z1. Going to see what's going to happen.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:17 AM
SQuaLZ

Just want to update that I installed the new sensors with the simulators and it has been 5 days without a CEL. Fingers crossed it stays this way!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:09 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Z1 test pipes and those too have the 02 extenders like the AAM pipes. I am curious, what were the "simulators" you ordered, as I might order a set. Can you please post a link. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:15 PM
SQuaLZ

Originally Posted by Z33Garage
I have the Z1 test pipes and those too have the 02 extenders like the AAM pipes. I am curious, what were the "simulators" you ordered, as I might order a set. Can you please post a link. Thanks!
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...ir-p-3736.html