Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Plenum question....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plenum question....

Those of you who have installed a new Kinetix or Crawford performance plenum, did you use a new Nissan plenum gasket upon installation? When I installed my polished plenum I used the existing one and had no problems. I'm going to be installing a new performance plenum soon and was wondering..... Thanks!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Plenum question....

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
Those of you who have installed a new Kinetix or Crawford performance plenum, did you use a new Nissan plenum gasket upon installation? When I installed my polished plenum I used the existing one and had no problems. I'm going to be installing a new performance plenum soon and was wondering..... Thanks!
I ordered a new gasket in advance of getting the pleneum, but the one on the car, looked no different than the new one. I just didn't see the point of even cutting the plastic to use the new one. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:14 AM
SungNamZ

Default Re: Plenum question....

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
You will be receiving the "new version" of the Kinetix Plenum. So, should be able to get it torqued and having no leak. I had 24,000 miles on mine and the OEM gasket looked great. The only thing I might suggest is wipe down the OEM gasket, top and bottom, to remove anything oils.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:49 AM
lowrider

I used the original gasket when I put my original Crawford on. When I installed the v5, I put on a new gasket, just for insurance. For the Kinetix, since they are prone to leaking, I would use a new gasket. Cheap insurance IMO.

Lou
Old 03-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Static

Originally posted by lowrider
For the Kinetix, since they are prone to leaking, I would use a new gasket. Cheap insurance IMO.

Lou
Is it a fact that they are prone to leaking.. have people had problems with this?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:47 AM
mofoz

guys please do some research before we hijack another thread on the kinetix leaking, which if installed right does not. They are making a new mold to allow much more over torque before causing any damage to the plenum. This is a brand new product, and there will always be a few problems until all bugs are worked out. Do a search and there will be pleanty of info to ease your concerns. If that doesnt do it pm lsdunique (aka Kinetix)
Old 03-11-2004, 09:48 AM
cinergi1

If the Kinetix plenum is installed properly it will not leak. It is absolutely not prone to leaking.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Alang

I have the "old" version of the Kinetix plenum. I kept the original factory gasket, no sealer goop, and properly torqued it down. No leaks. Perfect fit.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Nope

There is no need to replace the OEM gasket unless there is physical damage to it. I am not sure about the Crawford Plenum, but the KINETIX plenum comes with a gasket attached to it and as mofoz stated, they are now shipping the new "version2" plenum with much higher torque ratings. I believe that lsdunique said that they were at around 120 lbs of torque and actually sheared off the bolt and there was still no damage whatsoever to the plenum.

You'll be fine, guys!

-Chris