Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

kinetix quality ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinetix quality ????

hello everyone,

just wanted a little feedback on any of the kinetix products that you have experience with.....i am looking for detailed info, such as workmanship quality, customer service, performance and overall satisfaction. thank you in advance for your replies and suggestions/comments.

rw
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 AM
FLY BY Z

1) Quality

I think the Kinetix Plenum, as currently available, is of great quality for a naturally aspirated application. It is made of a plastic of sorts that stays very cool compared to aluminum. The initial release of the plenum exposed some bugs and now the plenum is trouble free and easy to install.

2) Service

Kinetix Racing's customer service, in my experience, has been second to none. I have always been taken care of, and when my 1st plenum (V1) cracked due to me not following install procedure, it was quickly and painlessly replaced with a V2 plenum that is problem free. All parts I have ordered from Kinetix have been of great quality and always are shipped FedEx, which I like since it is fast and reliable. The stuff is always here before I think it should be. It's great!

3) Performance

The parts I have installed by Kinetix perform very well. The pleum made a huge increase in feelable acceleration. The plenum is one of the parts in a list that helped me make almost 270 HP at the wheels with no cams. The gains are definitley there, even with other mods.

4) Overall

I will always buy the Kinetix version of the part I need if it is available for my car. Kinetix has won me over with their parts quality, customer service and the ability to deliver what they promise, even if it takes a little extra time to get it right. Kinetix will do it.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Road Warrior

great response fly by z....exactly what i am looking for: a very thorough and detailed post....thank you

please feel free to express your opinions here...anything you may add will be beneficial to those who are in the market for parts from kinetix

rw
Old 03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
scubasteve

I'll let you know when my plenum arrives..................................................... .........................................I am looking forward to the install and have no doubts at all that this plenum is the best for what I am looking for.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:13 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default KINETIX is Great

I have had absolutely GREAT service from KINETIX Racing. I purchased the Plenum/Cats from them and recieved them the same week. The original V1 plenum was installed relatively easily and documented. When I could not get a good seal with the V1 plenum, lsdunique replaced it with a V2 and it was a flawless work of art. The new coolant block was beautiful. I wanted to hang it on my wall

I would recommend KINETIX to anyone looking for performance parts for their Z. They are great!

-Chris
Old 03-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Duflacci

Kinetix = #1 top quality and service
Old 03-25-2004, 02:52 PM
TheBigShow

packaging needs some improvement, but the products look very nice. haven't gotten a chance to install yet; mayb this saturday .
Old 03-25-2004, 05:25 PM
350ZRB

Originally posted by TheBigShow
packaging needs some improvement, but the products look very nice. haven't gotten a chance to install yet; mayb this saturday .
I've ordered the cat on 3/4 . It is not ship out yet. I emailed them to get ETA.......no reply.......
Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 PM
ckrow

Originally posted by 350ZRB
I've ordered the cat on 3/4 . It is not ship out yet. I emailed them to get ETA.......no reply.......
Ordered Feb 29th, no plenum, ETA or any correspondence.....frustrating to say the least...
Old 03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
350Z 2+2 ???

I ordered test pipes from LSD (Kinetix) a while back, and was impressed with their product and service.

However, I also ordered the plenum/cat package on 3/5 and was told that they would ship last Friday. I have tried to confirm that they shipped out last week, but haven't heard anything back yet. LSD has usually been very good at keeping communication lines open, so this seems a bit out of character. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer, but I too am growing impatient (because their products are really that good and I can't wait to get them!).

Last edited by 350Z 2+2 ???; 03-25-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Seems like some people are having communication problems with Kinetix lately. I have emailed him last week, and got replied right away. I received my new plenum on Monday, 22nd. Installed it with no problem. This is my 2nd plenum, since version 1 was "recalled".

I also have the camber kit for the rear, and it's top notch quality. I will continue to buy from Kinetix in the future.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:38 PM
scubasteve

Yeah, I ordered my plenum on the 26th of March.........patiently waiting.....no response yet as to when I should receive my new plenum. This, however, does not sway my confidence in the product, only shows how much demand there is and that they are taking the time to correct previous issues. If I were one of the V1 people, I'd be VERY happy with Kinetix. Now all that being said, I wish that I would hear something like a projected date or a tracking number, or something!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 PM
isalvus

i am waiting to get my h/f cat,plenum package they should arrive today i spoke with the people at kinetix and told them how long my cars been on jack stands awaiting their products and they shipped out my products same day fed ex and emailed me the tracking #s i can't talk about quality yet but cust service was second to none for me and iam looking forward to doing future buss with lsd and the crew! took off today to do the install and go for a ride!!!!! great post fly by z i hope to echo every word!

Last edited by isalvus; 03-25-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:29 AM
lsdunique

We have been doing our best to keep people updated and no email is every ignored. We are a little stretched in the manpower department with the high demand, but I make it a point to respond to emails as quickly as possible. I switched the contact info in the webiste to my personal email address and have posted this email address as well.

Jamisonl@msn.com

I am generally very quick to respond.

I would like to thank everyone for their patience, we are working long hours in order to fill orders as quickly as possible.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:00 PM
isalvus

thanks for being on the up and up with me lsd got the package today the install went great i mean i had all the parts and every
thing i used a little of the rtv silcone for a better seal. the sound of
the cats and plenum with the borla td are just what i wanted they are not to loud and not to soft. only one problem my service engine light came on so i took about a 100 mile ride with no music just to enjoy the sound of the new mods and the light hasnt went out yet. should i be worried when the car cools i will retorque the nuts and bolts when i did the install i did disconect the neg on the batt thinking it was resetting the ecu and instead
i alarmed it any one else with this problem?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 PM
lsdunique

actually, you are not supposed to retorque the bolts, because then you will break the hold of the threadlock. You are supposed to let the car sit for a while after installation to let the threadlock cure. If your car idles strong, then you dont have a leak and there is no reason to retorque the bolts.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Road Warrior

lots of responses on the plenum and cats....thanks

anyone out there have any of their suspension components and what da ya think about em????
Old 03-31-2004, 03:26 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Road Warrior
lots of responses on the plenum and cats....thanks

anyone out there have any of their suspension components and what da ya think about em????
I bought the rear camber rods and the front A-arms. They both are of very high quality and I would recommend them. Basically, I could copy and paste my first post into this one. Also, I used to have the test pipes and they were great too. I sold them since I bought some XERD headers....
Old 04-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Road Warrior

getting ready to upgrade my suspension to coilovers and i thought i would add in those components while doing so....

kinetix definately has the best prices right now and sounds like they have the quality and service to go with....

thanks all for your responses
Old 04-01-2004, 09:17 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered their highflow cats yesterday and I am having them add an additional O2 bung to the drivers cat. I hope they can get them to me when they said they could. I have to have them by 4/13 or I am screwed. I am abit concerned with the delays that people are reporting...maybe I need to rethink this due to time constraints.

Quick Reply: kinetix quality ????