Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SSR Engineering Intake Manifold Complete! *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:05 PM
futuredeadguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<That sir, is why I Will never buy a product from Crawford Co. It has nothing to do with Doug, who I am sure is both a knowledgeable person and a good businessman.>>

I also don't want to steal the thunder of this product. It looks interesting and pretty damn cool, especially the side shots. I'm anxious to see the numbers, but am willing to wait. It's a radical design, so that makes the waiting even tougher.

I'd like to comment on the quoted statement. Doug was doing R&D on Z Cars for over 20 years before either Phoenix or even I came along. I was so impressed with his work that I bought a WHOLE CAR from him, not a plenum or cats or headers. I've NEVER been happier with any of the 25+ cars & trucks I have owned since 1979.

Don't punish DOUG for the antics of his new fans, however misguided. Doug is one of the Z Car community's greatest assets - primarily for his knowledge - but also for the way he carries himself in business. If you know of a more honest and sincerely helpful car guy, I'd like to meet him.

And let's can this US vs. THEM mentality. The real THEM is the M3s and others. The real US is the Z Crowd. This seems to be getting fuzzier as more people buy 350s. We're all on the same team.

DEAD

Last edited by futuredeadguy; 03-25-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Ricky
Banned

Okay we're not going to get into a big fight in this thread now.. let's remember the subject.. the SSR new intake plenum!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Ultimateone

wow, I'd basically would like to have all the questions answered promptly, pics of it completely installed and dyno numbers also. Do you lose the strut?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:46 PM
futuredeadguy

Subscribe to Road & Track and hear about it in 18 months.

Nice that on this forum you hear about new products in real time and learn about them as they are developed.

Frustrating, but so is life.

DEAD
Old 03-25-2004, 08:06 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jcr847, it's obvious you're clueless about intake design... more so your OWN car.

What knowledge I knew has been expanded even further under the watchful eye of Doug.

One thing is for sure... who gives a shat what you would buy. You should be lucky there are people on this board who KNOWS what they are doing and not shoving CRAP to you.

Here's your clue...

LONG RUNNERS = TORQUE
SHORT RUNNERS = HIGH END HP

Look at our stock setup... then look at that.

Now since you have been EDUCATED, you should be able to draw the conclusion...

BYE BYE TORQUE.

Want to keep this up, PM me... otherwise next post I'll embarass you.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:15 PM
ether

lets try to stay on topic...
seems that this would also need the coolant passthrough.. will just have to wait until its released to see how it shapes up, not before...
Old 03-25-2004, 08:20 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by ether
lets try to stay on topic...
seems that this would also need the coolant passthrough.. will just have to wait until its released to see how it shapes up, not before...
Agreed.

This design could EASILY replicate something similar to the Kinetix plenum and use an external setup for the pass through.

Nothing big to overcome there. I'm more curious of the interior.

SSR Engineering - you sharing interior photos for opinions?

Or is it... top secret?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:44 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
jcr847, it's obvious you're clueless about intake design... more so your OWN car.

What knowledge I knew has been expanded even further under the watchful eye of Doug.

One thing is for sure... who gives a shat what you would buy. You should be lucky there are people on this board who KNOWS what they are doing and not shoving CRAP to you.

BYE BYE TORQUE.
BYB BYE TORQUE is a huge over exaggeration, simply losing very low end torque and gaining massive high end is just a compromise. Those that boost realise that some low-end power will be sacrificed for the greater reward up in the higher RPMs where it counts anyways.

I'm not to sure if the Shoving CRAP to you statement was geared towards us, so I'll let that one pass. But our intake manifold is welded inside and out for ultimate flow, and carries a life-time manufacturers warranty.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Phatmitzu

Woh....is this the one we've been waiting for? Yes ah yes, dyno chart please
Old 03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
twenzel

Looks good SSR! Can wait to see the results of it.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 PM
jcr847

Originally posted by PhoenixINX

One thing is for sure... who gives a shat what you would buy. You should be lucky there are people on this board who KNOWS what they are doing and not shoving CRAP to you. ...
Want to keep this up, PM me... otherwise next post I'll embarass you.
When did my knowledge ever come into the discussion, the point still remains that you just don't get it. It's done, my intention was not to start a debate but rather to make clear my disgust at your lack of professionalism. I don't feel that you deserve any more of my attention so I for one plan focus back on the point of this thread, the SSR product. Plus I wouldn't want you to "embarress me".
Overall I just think that you need to consider how you represent Doug, who I have nothing against. You are such a tool on these forums that, regardless of whatever "knowledge" you may have, you will never be anyone who even resembles a respectable human being.
Peace
Old 03-26-2004, 02:10 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by jcr847
I don't feel that you deserve any more of my attention so I for one plan focus back on the point of this thread,
Thank you and lets move on
Old 03-26-2004, 03:35 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Will the strut tower bar fit?
Old 03-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Ricky
Banned

All you guys, including PhoenixINX, we all have our own opinions, and we all are curious to know what this will do, but we need to learn to be respectful when expressing our opinions.

PhoenixINX, even if you are right, you should try to be a little more respectful and say the exact same thing, but in "nicer" words just so they don't offend anyone..
Old 03-26-2004, 05:27 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by jcr847
Jesus some people on this board have the Crawford bug bad...
People fail to realize that marketing is just that, marketing. Obviously anyone is going to generate reasons to explain why their design is superior. Is the crawford crew the end all zen master of the VQ35, hell no!! Is it possible someone could improve upon their design, hell the 1st person to the table after them did.
I'm not saying that this is necessarily better but I can think of no definitive reason why it couldn't be given the limited amount of information we have at this point.

How about, just once, we wait for more info before reverting to the half assed "I am a crawford lemming and they rule" ********.
Just so you know.....I don't even have a Crawford plenum.....but I talked to many people who have tried to design a new one for the 350Z. I am addressing a basic design principle in the lower plenum of this motor. The internal metal plate and gasket are there for a reason...to aid in brake boost function. If I were wanting to buy a product like this I want to know how it works and if it addresses the design requirements that Nissan engineers spent months encorporating into the plenum design from the start. For somebody to say I am a Crawford cheerleader I am not.....just a person who looked at the plenum design and realized there are a few requirements that cannot be overlooked when designing one.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:28 AM
G35SC T.T.

Originally posted by ZU L8R
Will the strut tower bar fit?
probably not. dont no, cause its on a g35sc
we dont have a bar.

might have to do somthing like the crawford bar.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:19 AM
ether

Originally posted by g356gear
The internal metal plate and gasket are there for a reason...to aid in brake boost function.
can you expand on this? not trying to pick a issue just want to get better informed about how our Z is setup.

I'm attaching the TS version they use on their 700ps car. I looks to me that its that same basic overall design. i.e. it appears to me to also replace the bottom of the plenum. Talked to an owner of TS setup and this never came up.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails SSR Engineering Intake Manifold Complete! *Pics*-crw_1607.jpg  
Old 03-26-2004, 07:34 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
I'm not to sure if the Shoving CRAP to you statement was geared towards us, so I'll let that one pass. But our intake manifold is welded inside and out for ultimate flow, and carries a life-time manufacturers warranty.
No, don't take it as that...

I've heard of SSR engineering, and they have in fact brought some fair products to the market.

My concern is that runner length... I'm all game for top end power, but the torque of the VQ is very sweet. Shortening the runners as you know WILL impede that.

Bottomline for FI this does look to be a sweet piece... regrettably maybe 1% of this board will be FI.

Again, are you will to show us what you've done on the interior?
Old 03-26-2004, 07:37 AM
all_bark

I agree.

how about pic's of the INTERIOR?
Old 03-26-2004, 07:46 AM
OCG35Coupe

Good Luck SSR.

Damn, you Crawford Zealots should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quick Reply: SSR Engineering Intake Manifold Complete! *Pics*