Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

helix test pipe question???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 08:48 PM
zectasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question helix test pipe question???

im interested in getting the helix test pipes but i want to also get either the invidia....rsr....or injen ses exhaust....just wondering if its gonna be wayyyyy loud...or sound good....or whatever. so im wondering if anyone has video or sound clips of a 350 with the helix pipes with stock exhaust even or if they had one of the other exhausts i mentioned that would help out alot! thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Yuichi

Talking

Those three exhausts that you mentioned. Yes it will be ear splitting loud!

It really depends what you consider loud though. Keep in mind when I talk to customer about exhausts everyones opinion of what sounds good is different. Some like raspy, some like deep tones etc..

My opinion I was doing dyno testing for Sport Z Magazine for an upcoming project and test pipes with the INJEN straight tip was just way to loud!!

Also something to keep in mind is when you install the Test pipes they do not have any mounts to the frame like the RT Cats. So for example the INJEN straight pipes have flex joints on them so they tend to sag more.. I'm not sure about the RS-R or the RS-R copy INVIDIA.. but keep that in mind..

Didn't mean to babble hope that helps..
Old 05-10-2004, 03:29 AM
devildoc

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. I'll be running the Helix Test pipes with my Nismo exhaust. I've got a feeling that it's going to be a little too loud though.

Ian