Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

General happiness with Kinetix v3 Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:27 AM
THX723

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Shoot! ... not the stuff we want to hear
But, thanks for enlighting us. I wonder if this group buy will recieve whatever *new* version they are working on. I'd gladly wait for the newer version, as I will be tracking frequently.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:45 PM
John@Victory

im not steering anyone away from the plenum...i love the kinetix products...and im probobly going to continue to use their products....im one of only a few that have had a problem.....90% havent had problems with the version 3

i am only putting out my latest experiance with my version 3
read my earlier posts..i still stand behind kinetix
Old 05-31-2004, 12:54 PM
ChuckGZ

it speaks very well of kinetix that even with all these problems, customers still stand by them. I think that's a testiment to their customer service, and their commitment to getting this thing done right. and like tony's said, most haven't had a problem with the v3 yet. tony sounds like he probably pushes his Z a little harder than most. whether they come up with another version or not, i think i'm going to take the risk and get one of these next month.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:55 PM
ChuckGZ

also: tony, please continute to keep us posted. thanks for the info so far.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:01 PM
John@Victory

ill keep you posted.....as for how i treat my car? LOL....well im willing to bet its the hardest 12k miles a z has seen....i live at the drag strip....but i havent sprayed in the plenum yet... as my ecu for the zex kit is gone..waiting for the new ecm to come in now....

but yes kinetix is a stand up company and have never tried to screw with me.....they even sent me the version 3 before i took the cracked ver 2 off because i didnt have my factory plenum anylonger...no other company would go that far to make a customer happy....

ill always deal with them
Old 05-31-2004, 02:45 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to chime in here. I have heard nothing but good things about the service that Kinetix's customers have received. Several people have spoken of cracked plenums. From what I have read, everyone that has had a problem with their plenum cracking has been able to get theirs replaced almost immediately. I dont think I would be willing to shell out $350 - $400 if I didnt feel that this would be a quality product or if I didnt think they would replace it if I have any problems. Just my $.02

Zach
Old 05-31-2004, 04:43 PM
John@Victory

exactly what i was saying...they even replaced my last one before i even sent the cracked one back...thats customer service...

im a customer for life

just a little frustrated because after 4k miles thought the cracking had been fixed....it takes a while though i guess when your working with plastics

once everything is taken care of with the molds watch out...nobody will be able to compete
with them
Old 05-31-2004, 04:53 PM
zzzya

I have to commend Kinetix on the wonderful customer service they are providing and I truly hope they can resolve the issues their plenum is experiencing because competition and options are always a plus and only benefit us the consumers.

However, it seems odd on this Z community that the people who have supported the Crawford products, myself included, are bashed all the time because of our support and backing for Crawford's excellent products and customer service. Funny, even though the V1 Crawford was a little "raw" in looks, to this date I know of no cracks or plenums that had to be returned back to Crawford. I simply want people to realize why there are so many happy Crawford customers and why we feel passionate enough to support them. As you experience wonderful customer service with Kinetix, you will find the same experience with Crawford, as well as products that have proven themselves.

I am not saying the Crawford products are for everyone because they are not, I would just appreciate it if people would respect others opinions for what they are.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by zzzya
I have to commend Kinetix on the wonderful customer service they are providing and I truly hope they can resolve the issues their plenum is experiencing because competition and options are always a plus and only benefit us the consumers.

However, it seems odd on this Z community that the people who have supported the Crawford products, myself included, are bashed all the time because of our support and backing for Crawford's excellent products and customer service. Funny, even though the V1 Crawford was a little "raw" in looks, to this date I know of no cracks or plenums that had to be returned back to Crawford. I simply want people to realize why there are so many happy Crawford customers and why we feel passionate enough to support them. As you experience wonderful customer service with Kinetix, you will find the same experience with Crawford, as well as products that have proven themselves.

I am not saying the Crawford products are for everyone because they are not, I would just appreciate it if people would respect others opinions for what they are.
My reason for going with Kinetix is because of the GB thats going on. To begin with, I think the plenum just looks better. And it will be cheaper in the end to go with the Kinetix since I will be able to retain my CF engine cover and OEM strut bar. Oh yeah, I also get to keep my OEM plenum in case I have to go in for warranty serice or for other reasons. I think this says enough for me. Like I said before, I am willing to take my chances with the Kinetix plenum and their customer service.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:06 PM
zzzya

Again, the Crawford products are not for everyone as I stated. I just do not see why those who support their products are always belittled on this site. I could easily bash Kinetix supporters for supporting a company with cracking plenums, but no, I simply state why I like Crawford and always point out the possible benefits of the Kinetix product once it has proven itself reliable. That is all.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:13 PM
zachcrosen

Again, the Crawford products are not for everyone as I stated. I just do not see why those who support their products are always belittled on this site. I could easily bash Kinetix supporters for supporting a company with cracking plenums, but no, I simply state why I like Crawford and always point out the possible benefits of the Kinetix product once it has proven itself reliable. That is all.
I wasnt saying anything except why I am cossing to go with the Kinetix plenum. I have nothing about the Crawford. It just costs more for basically the same thing, thats all I'm saying.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:14 PM
CaneZMD

Exactly, No problems at all with crawford, I almost bought one myself. But, in theory, (Assuming a crack-free product) I prefer the kinetix.
But, I'm installing the Vortec kit later this week, so that could all change.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:52 AM
John@Victory

its not the suporting of the crawford products that you get bashed for(i love the crawford products,the plenum just doesnt work for what i want it for)
its the coming into threads that has NOTHING to do with crawford and turning things into a crawford/kinetix debate....crawford has basicly a welded stock plenum.....kinetix is trying something new and inovative with plastics,which when perfected will be FAR superior over everything out there.....
all i can really say is crawford ver1 ver2 ver3 ver4 ver5....maybe no cracks but there was some kinda issue there....weither trying to makes something plain ugly look better or what...they have 5 versions......when kinetix is done they will too.....so what?
do you have a kinetix ver 3? no you dont.... so you can contribute to the thread about your general happiness with your kinetix version 3 how?
oh yea i forgot you dont have one and really have no reason to post in this thread....

hey all you other crawford guys im not bashing crawford....im buying the headers in a week...i think some of the crawford products are the best out there...and their knowledge of the zcar at crawford zcar service is second to none...

im just tired of the hijacked threads that have nothing to do about crawford products....and for that matter the crawford threads that get hijacked by kinetix guys....

why do you guys keep beating on a dead horse?they are basicly the same product that do identical things in differant ways...be glad other companies are out there making things to compete with crawford and other companies..it will make them improve on already existing products and hopefully design more

we see you like the crawford and you see we like the kinetix ...so what now?
can the thread get back on topic now?
Old 06-01-2004, 03:14 AM
zzzya

Wow, must be all that built up hostility because your plenum has cracked 3 times now, Seriously, read my post again. I stated more than once already that the Crawford plenum is not for everyone and in no way am I trying to push a Crawford plenum on those who do not want it. No intention of highjacking anything. I too want Kinetix to succeed, and to continue to drive competition. And I too want people to simply respect others decisions for what they are. I think this posting has a lot to do with this topic, maybe I do not have a Kinetix Plenum, but I have a Z and if the product becomes reliable I could be a potential buyer, I think some people get wrapped up so much in defending their own decisions that they forget we all share one common love, our car. I am also considering a new polished Crawford, which by the way has dropped in price, very possibly because of the competition, however I would love to have a Kinetix plenum for daily driving and drop in the polished one for car shows and such. Just waiting for one that doesn't crack. BTW tony, you will love the performance gains from the headers.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:28 AM
mmorris

STOP THE B*TCH FIGHTING
Old 06-01-2004, 04:29 PM
John@Victory

Wow, must be all that built up hostility because your plenum has cracked 3 times now, Seriously, read my post again. I stated more than once already that the Crawford plenum is not for everyone and in no way am I trying to push a Crawford plenum on those who do not want it. No intention of highjacking anything. I too want Kinetix to succeed, and to continue to drive competition. And I too want people to simply respect others decisions for what they are. I think this posting has a lot to do with this topic, maybe I do not have a Kinetix Plenum, but I have a Z and if the product becomes reliable I could be a potential buyer, I think some people get wrapped up so much in defending their own decisions that they forget we all share one common love, our car. I am also considering a new polished Crawford, which by the way has dropped in price, very possibly because of the competition, however I would love to have a Kinetix plenum for daily driving and drop in the polished one for car shows and such. Just waiting for one that doesn't crack. BTW tony, you will love the performance gains from the headers.
i am not being hostile in the least...i myself and most poeple in here are tired of the great kinetix/crawford debate
im having a little trouble how your post defending crawford when nobody in this thread has bashed crawford at all has to do with a thread that clearly states
general happiness with KINETIX version 3 plenum....
if you have no kinetix plenum how can you even begin to tell someone what your general happiness is with the product....

i totally agree with you about bashing products that someone else has...its uncalled for......but again going back to my point
this isnt the thread to address that issue
maybe we need another post addressing that issue and i will totally agree with everthing you state in it..unless you state the crawford gives better performance... kidding....
seriously though this isnt the thread to address it

so now can we get on topic?

tony
Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM
ChuckGZ

Originally posted by mmorris
STOP THE B*TCH FIGHTING
yeah. you guys are ****ing up my karma .
Old 06-07-2004, 03:18 PM
John@Victory

heres my latest email from kinetix

Okay John, here is what we have, and thanks for the few days.

We are completing NEW molds in the next couple days which have a whole new
approach to the center supports.

We feel the set up currently (aluminum support bolted through a drilled
hole) caused an easy target for stress cracks causing the cracks we have
seen.

Our new mold completely removes the bolted center supports, and they are now
integrated into the plenum and molded with the plastic. This makes the
plenum a one piece design in terms of the center support and it will no
longer be drilled, eliminating the stress point.

We are also taking this opportunity to switch materials to a much stiffer
and stronger plastic. It has about double the compressive strength
(resistance to being crushed/ torqued) so we will no longer even need to
run metal inserts.

We will have these shipping by the end of the week and I can probably get
one shipped out to you by this next monday/tuesday.

Please let me know as we are excited about the new plenum.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Tweety-nator

This is good news. I was leaning towards the Crawford plenum because of all the cracking issues I keep hearing about with the Kinetix.

Hopefully this "Version 4" will finally solve the problem.

Last edited by Tweety-nator; 06-07-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:34 PM
mmorris

I received my version 3 today. If it cracks hopefully they will send me the "V4"

Quick Reply: General happiness with Kinetix v3 Plenum