Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Stillen vs. Borla vs. Nismo exhaust + headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004 | 12:27 PM
ZBoater

Default Stillen vs. Borla vs. Nismo exhaust + headers

I am considering an exhaust mod of one of these three - combination headers + exhaust. Which one do you like best and why? Stillen and Nismo parts are about $2000 (headers + exhaust), Borla is around $1500.
Old 07-06-2004 | 12:53 PM
MY350Z.COM

Stillen exhuast is heavy, it actually weighs more than stock which is already heavy. And lately their exhaust pieces (300ZX headers, 350Z test pipes) have been known to crack near the flanges. Power gains are good though. I don't know much about their headers.

Borla headers don't do much except for torque. Maybe 1 hp. Even David Borla himself came on here and said so. Their cat-back is good though. I'm running their True Dual. Very good power gains. Lots of weight savings and easy to install. Very well priced. It has a very agressive deep exhaust note.

The NISMO headers have great gains HP and TQ. The NISMO exhaust is quite popular, many people here are running it. It has some good gains.

If I had $2000 to spend on cat-back + headers I would go with the Borla True Dual and Crawford headers.

http://www.crawfordzcar.com

Crawford headers are long equal tubes and gains the most HP and TQ overall.

aka "Medusa" headers

and if you ahve any money left get some test pipes.

Victor
Old 07-06-2004 | 01:13 PM
stx

In my opinion I would do the Nismo exhaust and Nismo headers just for the sound. I didn't feel any gain in power from the exhaust but I did feel a good power gain from the headers.

Here is link to a video from the last AutoX. You can get a good idea of what the Nismo exhaust and headers sound like.

Nismo exhaust and headers
Old 07-06-2004 | 01:57 PM
G3po

Default headers

I'd vot for the Crawford headers.
I have the plenum and the CATs and am very pleased with the performance and service. If I weren't planning on TTs I'd go with the Crawdaddys.
Old 07-06-2004 | 04:53 PM
lowrider

I'm with Victor on this one:

Crawford Headers
Crawford Cats
Borla True Dual Exhaust

Be sure to do the cats, anything you do with the exhaust will be strangled with the stock cats.

Lou
Old 07-07-2004 | 09:03 AM
G3po

Default CATs

Also a minor point , the Crawford CATs (as well as all other Hi-flows) weigh much less than the bulky OEM two stage CATs.
Old 07-07-2004 | 09:32 AM
Anthz

Originally posted by stx
In my opinion I would do the Nismo exhaust and Nismo headers just for the sound. I didn't feel any gain in power from the exhaust but I did feel a good power gain from the headers.

Here is link to a video from the last AutoX. You can get a good idea of what the Nismo exhaust and headers sound like.

Nismo exhaust and headers

Link blocked.