Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Nismo CAI Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Epsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo CAI Install Question

I was thinking about getting a NISMO CAI for my car, but I saw pics of someones G35 coupe CAI install and saw that he took off his front bumper to do so...Can I install the CAI without removing the bumper or is it inevitible and I will have to remove it if I want that thing in there?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:51 PM
jreiter

Default Re: Nismo CAI Install Question

Originally posted by Epsilon
I was thinking about getting a NISMO CAI for my car, but I saw pics of someones G35 coupe CAI install and saw that he took off his front bumper to do so...Can I install the CAI without removing the bumper or is it inevitible and I will have to remove it if I want that thing in there?
Maybe the Z is different, but I didn't have to remove the bumper when installing mine in the Z. I did, however, have to remove the front driver's side wheel and wheel well liner. Easy to do, but that will make it a pain in the future to clean the filter. (Have to remove the wheel and fender liner again.)
Old 09-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Sins4u33

if you go from under the car...there should be a panel i beleive that protects the under body of the car from road debri and etc...you should be able to remove that and go in from there with the air filter....

Ben
Old 09-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the V2 Nismo CAI - - easy install, no you don't have to remove the front bumper and I only removed the fasteners towards the front of the inner fender liner to install the filter - - follow the Nismo instructions and you should have no problem.

Good luck,
Steve
Old 09-13-2004, 08:44 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I followed it exactly and did not remove the bumper to install mine. I did take off the entire fenderwell liner and wheel to make sure I had easy access for fitament.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:30 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by Sz28r
I have the V2 Nismo CAI - - easy install, no you don't have to remove the front bumper and I only removed the fasteners towards the front of the inner fender liner to install the filter - - follow the Nismo instructions and you should have no problem.

I actually did the same. I only removed enough of the fender liner screws to pull the liner back far enough to access the filter. Didn't actually remove the entire fender liner.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you do not need to take off the front bumper... if you can get under the car... or take off the front drivers side wheel..

some think it is easier to take off the bumper...