Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Center Muffler Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:19 AM
silverstone04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Muffler Removal

Has anyone removed the muffler from the Center muffler pipe?
If so what was the sound like.

I am not out for performance. I am looking for the cheap way out and I just want the car a little louder. I am planning putting a section of pipe in the place of the muffler.
Comment please on my idea.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 02:28 PM
MrGoingdown305

Check out this thread, i hope it answers your questions https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....r&pagenumber=2
Old 09-28-2004, 11:39 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Center Muffler Removal

Originally posted by silverstone04
Has anyone removed the muffler from the Center muffler pipe?
If so what was the sound like.

I am not out for performance. I am looking for the cheap way out and I just want the car a little louder. I am planning putting a section of pipe in the place of the muffler.
Comment please on my idea.

Thanks
If you do it, you Z will run and sound like $hit! I did it a few months ago and it was the worst thing I have ever done to the car. I lost all kinds of torque and it sounded like a honda civic. I replaced the midpipe (you can't just weld the resonator back in once it's removed) and the car was back to normal.

I recommned that you don't remove the resonator, but to each his own.

-Chris
Old 09-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Dont bother with removing the resonator unless you want to hear rasp. If you remove the MUFFLER you will not get rasp, and the car will sound very aggressive. When I had removed the muffler and fabed a pipe for it, I got nothing but great feedback from everyone that heard it over a few months. Definately loud but not too much, and sounded damn mean and wicked, havent heard anything like it since. I know have the borla TD with no cats, so it's very loud and sounds like an american muscle car under load. Sounds great, but wish I could still go back to the no muffler sound.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:57 PM
silverstone04

Default Thanks for the replies

Thanks for all of the replies. I do not think that I will remove it. I think that I will look at replacing the main muffler.

What are you guys thoughts on the post that says that it made a car run bad when the resonator was removed ?

I do not see how it could make the car run badly when removing the main muffler does not make the car run bad.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Thanks for the replies

Originally posted by silverstone04
Thanks for all of the replies. I do not think that I will remove it. I think that I will look at replacing the main muffler.

What are you guys thoughts on the post that says that it made a car run bad when the resonator was removed ?

I do not see how it could make the car run badly when removing the main muffler does not make the car run bad.
The reason for the loss in performance is due to the increased backpressure. You are replacing a large chamber with a straight pipe. Not a technical explaination, but it gets the point across. :-)

-Chris