Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Installing Injen Intake -asap-

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:33 AM
ChromeSilva350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Injen Intake -asap-

I NEED HELP, IS IT NECESSARY FOR ME TO REMIOVE MY FRONT BUMPER WHEN I AM INSTALLING THE COLD AIR INTAKE OR CAN I JUST LEAVE IT ON?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:49 AM
westover

Default injen install

It is not necessary but it makes things easier. The bumper is easier to take off then one would think. After you remove the forward wheel guards a couple of bolts on each side and the bumper comes off in your hands. Thare are no stock electrical connections that have to be dis-connected. Check out the Injen instructions on bumper removal or search around here for bumper removal intstructions.

Removing the bumper makes it easier to install the long tube that goes from the front of the MAS to the final position of the filter element.

One thing I also did was put a piece of cardboard over the leading edges of the radiator. The twisting and pulling you will need to do to make the thing fit can bend the fragile radiator fins.

Also consider getting the Injen splash guard model 5000. This guard will reduce the amount of water your filter sucks in from rain and splash. The biggest problem from exposed CAI's is submersion of the filter which causes zero air to be sucked into the engine... unles you have the AES bypass...

If you're not going through deep water the chances of submersion are small but heavy rains and big splashes can soak the filter.

Good Luck.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

bypass valve won't work with Injen, AEM's diameter is smaller i believe.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:40 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to get the long bent tube through the hole is to grasp it firmly and bend it straight, feed it through and let it bend down when it gets through the hole, the bumper can be on or off for this method. I used ramps to install mine from underneath but most seem to prefer removing the bumper, I don't know why.

Chris
Old 09-30-2004, 10:06 PM
BKMC

I would suggest taking off the front bumper. It only takes 5-10 min and makes things a heck of alot easier.

Does anyone know where i can get the "splash guard"??
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you are going to take off the bumper, the clips along the top, use a screwdriver to pry up the center pin half way. If you try to pull them all the way out they wont come. So center pin half way up then the whole clip comes out easy.

Chris
Old 10-03-2004, 09:43 AM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Taking off the bumper requires getting into the wheel wells.. which doing it without taking the bumper off does not.

Getting the tube through the hole is easiest if you lay the tube flat along the radiator.. so its lying left to right.. starting the tip.. and then working it through the hole and allowing the 'rest of the tube' start towards the rear of the engine as you go.

The hardest part when not removing the bumper is

1) getting the damn chute out of the stock hole to begin with
2) screwing the worm clamps after assembled. This is best done by lying on the ground, left arm up under the bumper, and right arm in through the hole near the trunk release. If you had two people this would be easy.. with one it requires some patience.