Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch rattle in neutral & hard 2nd - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Bergman937

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Clutch rattle in neutral & hard 2nd - HELP

Looking for help. I have a 2003 350Z 6sp and the clutch continually rattles when in neutral and the clutch released. In addition, shifting into second is a little crunchy no matter how you work the clutch or the timing of shifting. The shifting problem is not as bad I smooth roads, but seems much worse on bumpier roads (does that make any sense?). First and third can be a little crunchy as well, but not as noticeable. I took it to two dealers 4 times in total for these two clutch issues. Each time they say they don't feel the problem or they admit there is a problem, tell me they replaced the "throttle body" or "throw-out bearing" and give it back to me. The same two problems come back immediately. I don't know much about engines or transmissions, but I do know how to shift and I'm certain (and my friends that drive it as well are certain) that mine is screwed up. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? It's driving me to the point of wanting to dump my Z even thought I love everything else about the car. Please help.....
Old 04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
mpol99

Noise when in neutral = normal

Grinding during shifts = not normal
Old 04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
tnsxsear

I have an 04 and mine does the same. when im at a drive thru and going slow i can hear all this noise when i press and depress the clutch. The same with the tranny grinding in certain gears, mostly 1st and 3rd.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Bergman937

Sorry, I didn't see the thread below about the trans rattle which seems to be the same issue I have been having. The threads below go back over a year, so it doesn't seem there are are any great solutions at this point. But, I'll keep reading the replys to the thread below. Sorry for starting another string on the same issue. My bad. But, glat to see I'm no where near on my own with these trans problems....