Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Noise When I Press The Clutch Down Or Let It Up.!!!!plz Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:32 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise When I Press The Clutch Down Or Let It Up.!!!!plz Help

hey everyone.. i have a problem ...recently when i drive the car as soon as i press the clutch down or let it up it makes like a weird noise like something is messed up..i mean my clutch is fine when shifting and seeing the rpms drop between shift is all good but just that weird noise..it usually happens after driving it for a little while..doesnt happen rite away... also when the car is idiling like i hear noises and sometimes a knock out of nowere coming from the car?..if i bring the car in to nissan will they charge me to look at this stuff?.....anyone have a clue?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 AM
wren57
Banned

Can you describe the noise? Ocassionally mine will squeak a little bit when I push it down and let it up, but only very rarely...
Old 06-07-2005, 08:12 AM
xjerseyzfinestx

hmm its a weird noise like a squeak basically... i just got ack for lunch from work and the car wasnt making that noise from the clutch .. but it usually does
Old 06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
03FIDDYZ

Mine does the squeak too...at the very end right, closest to the floor?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
oaktown2000

mine usually squeaks in between 1st and 2nd...usually as I let off of the clutch...dunno what it is though
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ....

exactly rite in the end and rite by the floor..its weird thursday im bringing the car in to nissan to see whats up
Old 06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

There is a bit of a rattle when you let the clutch when you are sitting still. Everywhere I've asked (dealer, etc) as well as other posts on this board have described it as normal. You hear it most when sitting by something like a drive through where the sound bounces back to you.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
BRZ3303

Hey guys, Ive had the same problem and just got it fixed, dont worry its all covered under warranty. It is your throw out barring that needs to be replaced, trust me, I went to three dealships here in Jersey and they all told me the same thing, all Z's with manual transmissions sound like that..... I refused to believe so, JERSEYZFINEST where in Jersey are u located? I went to All Brands Nissan in Hackensack, Engle Cliffs Nissan, and Bergenfield Nissan and they all gave me the run around. Got feed up and went to Ramsey Nissan on rt. 17 and dude they were great not only did they point out and replaced the Throw out bearing the mechaninc noticed my fly-wheel needed to be replaced aswell. All covered under warranty, I decided to upgrade my flywheel to a NISMO light weight flywheel I was like why not since my old one had to go. Trust me guys I had the same exact problem. When I press on the clutch it is quite when I let go it sounded like a bunch of nuts in a glass jar, and of course the occasional THUMP coming from the tranny. After the new throw out bearing and new flywheel was installed problem resolved, ur car will be at the dealership for at least one whole day so what I recommend is have the service manager get u a rent a car, thats what Ramsey Nissan did for me, since I waited for alomst 7 hrs. they waived the enterprise car rental fee, I was like nice and on top of that they lent me a volvo s70 which I dont really care for but for a loaner that I didnt have to pay for I was pretty impressed. brought the loaner back the following morning and everything was good to go. Let me know how ur trip to the dealer works out and if they say everything is fine give them the finger and call the 1-800 number and tell them its been confirmed by not only Z owners but as well as many other mechanics at the dealership but the service manager is the one that calls the shots, good luck and enjoy ur Z!!!! Life is toooooo short!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

There is SOME level of noise that is normal. I've had a new transmission, as have some others I've been in, with bearings replaced. Still have a bit of noise up against drive through walls.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
g6g35

my G is also making that squeaking sound, so most likely its the same problem as the Z? I'm going to take my car into the dealer tomorow.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:40 AM
texasGJ

My '03 Z manual transmission makes noises as well, but not the one you're describing.

I'm sure I'm being paranoid, but..... when the engine is cold and I'm shifting from 1st to 2nd, theres a impulsive "clank" sound getting into 2nd gear. It's not too loud tho--it is mostly noticeable in parking garages with the windows down (the echo). Anybody else get this? Other sticks I drive are silent on shifting.

I'm taking the car to the dealer soon for my 2nd window fix, so I may have them take a look/listen.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

wel its fixed now i took it in and they took care of it.. feels really really smooth much smoother ride for sum reason feels lyk a new car only problem is that i have a hard time gettin into 5th and i cant get into 6th gear the guy said bring it tom which i will so he could adjust something ..i forgot wut he exaclty said he said its not a problem it will be finished in 30 min
Old 06-28-2005, 12:28 PM
CNT350Z

I seem to be having the same problem as xjerseyzfinestx. My clutch makes a popping noise only when I push down, right at the end of pedal extension, and only does it after the car has been driven for about an hour. I also have the knocking (around 500 rpm) sound at low idle coming from under the car. My dealer here in town, Lynn Layton Nissan, a bunch of a-holes, have had my car three days, can't find a prob with the clutch, don't know why there is a knocking noise, can't seem to fix my tire sensor, and also won't recognize the fact that my vin number falls under the crank sensor recall. I am at 35K miles so I think they are just giving me the run around. What should I do?
Old 07-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Silverstone_350

you guys sure that the "knocking" sound you're hearing at low RPM's isn't just flywheel clatter?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
CNT350Z

It turns out my clutch had gone bad. Dealer finally took the pressure plate off after having the tranny out for three days and found that my clutch had been burned down the rivets and had hot spots all over the flywheel. I have only put 5K pampered miles on the car since I have owned it. After having my car for a week, the dealer replaced throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel, all out of my pocket even though the vehicle is under warranty($1100). First thing as I was stepping into the car, I heard that rattling at idle noise . My guess is...bad, brand new throw out bearing. AHHHHH!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:55 PM
bio911

Originally Posted by CNT350Z
It turns out my clutch had gone bad. Dealer finally took the pressure plate off after having the tranny out for three days and found that my clutch had been burned down the rivets and had hot spots all over the flywheel. I have only put 5K pampered miles on the car since I have owned it. After having my car for a week, the dealer replaced throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel, all out of my pocket even though the vehicle is under warranty($1100). First thing as I was stepping into the car, I heard that rattling at idle noise . My guess is...bad, brand new throw out bearing. AHHHHH!!!!
5k mi and u burned out your clutch already? do you ride th clutch a lot or something?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:33 PM
CNT350Z

The car has 35K miles on it. I don't ride the clutch or run the car hard. I am afraid that the car was abused before I bought it.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 AM
LIdrew

You shouldn't have paid for it. You should have argued the point. I had my tranny, clutch, pressure plate all replaced at 17k miles UNDER WARRANTY. Even if you ride your clutch all day long, it will last more than 5k miles. Ive owned ALL manual cars and never replaced a clutch before 100k miles and my Zs went at 17k miles. That's a problem. Not my fault.