Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

help! my headlights stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
superblackz4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! my headlights stopped working

long time reader here, here's my problem: about 8 months ago I installed aftermarket hid's on my base z. The lights looked great and caused no problems. I had my first issue 4 months ago when i flipped the headlight switch and my driver's side headlight didn't come on. I tried switching it on and off and still it wouldnt turn on. So i started driving with one headlight (passenger's side) working. As soon as i started driving the driver's side headlight turned on byy itself!!! And it didnt cause my anymore problems. This incident happened couple more times, but the headlight always turned on my itself. Now since the start of summer my drivers side headligh wouldnt turn on even when i drive. Just to make sure my kit is working i switched the bulb, ballast and even the whole headlight housing to the passenger side and it worked! So iam thinking there must be something wrong with the wires on the driver's side of the headlight, until about two days ago my other headlight also gave out. Note: parking light, high beams still work. My original halogens dont work either. Fuses are good too.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
superblackz4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nissan wants to charge $90 an hour to check the system. I just want to know what's causing this problem since everything looks ok. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you