Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Important News Re:break-ins

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 11:37 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

based on this post, I aint scared. dont see how anyone would know the weakness of the Z at this point. but none the less, theres always a way, the reason there are aftermarket alarms is because the stock ones are never that great.

but why dont we bash nissan for not being better than everyone else here....

do whatever you want, 5minutes with a flat bed and any car is mine. what can you do?
Old 12-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Wicked4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZDriver you are being a ***** because by not telling us we won't know how to avoid it and can take countermeasures if understood the method. Look, as easy as it was for that person to break in your car. Don't you think their will be many others attempting this.. By you telling the exact details people will learn and make an attempt to better the situation. By you holding back people can't learn to do a countermeasure. But the way I see it is your information can be vital to help others work around that. Because let me tell you it it happened to me I would of post it and let everyone know to be careful and warn others. Once the problem has been addressed the thieves will have to learn new ways. Anyhow the choice is yours my friend...
Old 12-19-2002, 01:23 PM
ZCARDRIVER

Do not call me a *****. Do you really think I'm going to post on the internet how to break in to cars? Wait let me change that. How to break in to one of MY cars?
Old 12-19-2002, 02:12 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, well, you never know, maybe this buy is a car thief and heard something and thought that maybe someone else would talk about the details.....
Maybe he is an alarm salesmen looking to "SCARE" up some business!
Old 12-19-2002, 02:44 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I wouldn't say theres NO way of protecting your car. Just depends on what you willing to do and how much you want to spend.

Could have shaved handles (which would look kicking on some color) and have shatter proof windows installed to prevent smash ins)

or the really low budget methods is to buy a lemon
Old 12-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Wicked4u2c

Do not call me a *****. Do you really think I'm going to post on the internet how to break in to cars? Wait let me change that. How to break in to one of MY cars?

*****! I just called you again! It just so happens that we drive the same car as you do! You might as well kept your mouth shut in the first place as this thread is worthless and doesn't help out at all. No matter what people will always try and steal someones car, its just a matter of taking the best security measures into play. Next time keep your comments to yourself if you don't plan on helping people out! Let me tell you something, if someone really wants to take your car they will do it! It doesn't matter what you have! They just took my buddy's car the other day, some guy went up to him with a gun and jacked him.. So if someone wants your Z they will have it. So don't give this **** about posting "how to steal a z" Maybe you have something good here and can let Nissan know about and might have a recall if its that dangerous but again your being **** and not to informative so it doesn't really matter...

Im rather glad my Z is not my daily driver and I only park it where I can see it so I am not to worried myself....
Old 12-20-2002, 04:05 AM
bobbyz

Alpharen,
There is NO way to protect ANY car. Anyone could just tow ANY car away if they want it that bad
Old 12-20-2002, 09:48 AM
ZCARDRIVER

To the one who calls me *****: I already notified nissan(NNA). As a matter of fact, when i mentioned this to some of the people at the dealership, they said they are aware of a similar problem on another model too.

i'll never tell...................................................:icon 23:
Old 12-20-2002, 10:59 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alright bro, your real cool. a problem on another car, when no other car has these door handles which you say is the source?

right...
have fun
Old 12-20-2002, 12:00 PM
alphared

bobbyz

Hmmm if you park in a confine area, like a narrow alley, how'd they suppose to fit a tow truck in. And if a thief is good enough to get a tow truck and somehow manage to tow it, then they deserve too. That just shows the thief got skills and good taste, can't hate that. Better than some punk breaking some part to get you car.

Like I said depends to what extreme you willin go spend and go. Don't see anyone driving off with the batmobile or KIT (who would tell thief to $#^@ off)

plus if they're a punk thief they probly don't know how to drive stick
Old 12-20-2002, 04:53 PM
z2thdr

Recently, I had installed an antitheft device called 'Boomerang', which senses if the car is towed or even moved without the key. There is a hidden transmitter in the Z which is monitored by the security company. There is also a transmitter device on the key chain so if the car is moved even with a key but without the device, the company will get a signal to track the car, call me and/or the police anywhere in North America. I live in Toronto and wonder if this system (cellular) is also available in the US? Any thoughts on this type of system? I understand that there are GPS devices but they cannot monitor the car if it is underground or in a container. Is this true? The Boomerang company is based in Montreal.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:54 AM
ZCARDRIVER

Default maximas

Maximas have the same weakness. They do not have the same handles.....but the handle-lock design is the same as are the internal components. Our handles are vertical, the max's are horizontal. But look closley and you might figure it out...........
Old 12-22-2002, 10:34 PM
InternetABYSS

Originally posted by Eyeball
I think if rudeness will get you a flag then there better be some here or you moderators are ******.

Excuse me????? comments like that will get you banned....but its X-mas time, im in a good mood.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:37 PM
InternetABYSS

Originally posted by Eyeball
Dear moderator,

Will you please assign me some additional points for the valid and substantive thread I previously posted. I would really like some more points for good behavior at least. I love this forum and I love you!

"or you moderators are ******"

you call the mods this and expect favors....LMAO
Old 12-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Wicked4u2c

Quit your crying cause you got flagged down, some people take this **** to serious!

Quick Reply: Important News Re:break-ins