Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Important News Re:break-ins

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Boomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zay
It would sure be helpfull if you told us what the vulnerability is.
Please pm me at Boomer about the vulnerable area. I will keep it to myself as others have indicated. Only those who asked for a pm will receive it. Whoever did it will be spreading the word about how to do it soon anyway.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:56 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by Eyeball
Hey, Mr Serious. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SOUNDS TOO SERIOUS. I was having fun. Too bad you don't. Please try and relax. Breath, relax, breath. Now, take your foot out of your mouth and stop complaining please. I'm not whining because I have flags. I just think panalties should be even-handedly distributed across the board. You are rude and personlly attacking me without provocation. You should be flagged. Moderator, please flag this guy. Take his points away and issue an email. Dude, you need to get a life. Picking on a chick. And one I might say that has bigger ***** than you. If you have abig brother, I'll just wager you about 10 bucks that he beat your *** everyday and you ran and told mommy. Get on with the show and get out of my postings.
<--MR. Serious, LOL If that's one thing I am never is serious. Looks like someone is on the RAG! That's pretty sad you have a bigger sack than me, I wasn't complaining.. I pretty much told you to STFU because your whining... **** I can care less if I get flagged or banned, trust me I will just create another account. My life doesn't revolve around the internet like yours.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:21 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen another post that said that the window would go down with enough force. Plus to try to end this fighting, even if you post how to break in, i'm pretty sure thieves aren't browsing the web lookin for a way to steal cars. But that just me
Old 12-23-2002, 05:55 PM
robl45

First I'll say this whole thread is really stupid, if the theives knew how to break in, I'll guarantee you that every theif probably knows so you telling us in this forum is only going to protect our cars, not endanger any of them. As far as any car being stolen easily, that is a matter of what is done to protect it. Of course if a thief wants to pick it up with a tow truck, you are done, end of story. However, things that can be done. Get an alarm that kills the starter and preferably the ignition if it is cut out, that leaves the theives trying to put the starter and ignition wires back together, find a place to splice in that isn't so easy to find or get at. Battery backup siren can be useful as well. Most stock alarms suck. As far as door handles or that crap, I really haven't seen too many cars that are really hard to get into. My eclipse was broken into years back, they popped the handle right out. A sensible alarm is about the best course of action and really you should install it yourself, letting an installer install an alarm is like saying to the installer, here are my keys, come steal my car when you have time.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:00 AM
Wicked1
Banned

Poor Eyeball
Old 12-25-2002, 01:30 PM
BigIronBird

Default Re: Important News Re:break-ins

Originally posted by ZCARDRIVER
MY 350Z TOURING WAS BROKEN INTO SHORTLY AFTER I GOT IT. LIKE 2 HOURS OFTER I GOT IT. I WILL NOT TELL YOU HOW THEY DID IT BECAUSE OF HOW EASY IT WAS, BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT NISSAN MADE A BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE WHEN THEY PUT THIS CAR TOGETHER. THEY GOT IN AND DISABLED THE ALARM WITHIN 10 SECONDS---AND THEY, WHOEVER THEY ARE KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND NONE OF THE 350Z'S ARE SAFE( NEITHER ARE ANY BELONGINGS YOU LEAVE IN THE CAR). THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE CAR IF SOMEONE HAD'NT PULLED UP BEHIND MY CAR AND SCARED THEM OFF.ITS HORRIBLE HOW EASY IT WAS. THEY WERE ABLE TO BREAK IN AT DINNER TIME WITH PEOPLE AROUND WITH OUT A NOISE . I WOULD TELL SOMEBODY FROM NISSAN IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP BUT I TOLD MY DEALER AND DO NOT THINK THEY WILL PASS ON THE INFO TO NISSAN.
Thank-you for that complete waste of time. What did you hope to accomplish by this post. Don't know and don't care. Is there anyway to penalize or subtract points from a person!
Old 12-25-2002, 01:51 PM
ZCARDRIVER

Default Purpose of this post

The purpose of this post was to share the experience with like people.

You buy a new "Z" and post pictures. Like anyone cares.What is the purpose of those posts? To pat each other on the backs? To see what the car everyone owns on this board looks like?

The reason for this post is I wanted to tell people what happened. It gets easier to deal with something the more you talk about it or share the story.

And everyone who wants me to post how to break in and defeat the alarm-----how STUPID could you be? Why dont you people take a poll? "How many people want to know how to break into the "Z" with out getting caught?" I'm pretty sure not all of the other members could be that idiotic.

I still would"nt tell anyone.

Park your car outside for a while in a metropolitan area and I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later.
Old 12-25-2002, 01:55 PM
robl45

okay enough is a enough, you should be banned from this forum, this is just stupid, you know how to break into the car, but won't inform owners how to defend against it, as I said in a post above, if these guys knew how to break into your car that easily, then every theif does too.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:55 AM
Phatmitzu

Damn! who cares! If he doesnt want to tell, then dont. We are all Z lovers arent we? Fighting over this is just simply stupid. You people are too hard-headed. If he tells us that is the design of the door handle...are we gonna remodel it? NO. What can we do the most? Buy a nice alarm..get a club..park our cars somewhere safer. But cant we just do those now without him telling it? YES.
...then why fight over it?
Old 12-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Wicked4u2c

I wasn't going to post but anyway... If he does tell us, we can take countermeasures on it. Meaning "help" us in protecting our cars... I don't see why he has to post something and not give us information on it, personally I think he's an idiot for doing such a thing. Believe me, you can find a lot more worst things on the internet than breaking in to a car. I have found anarchist cook books, how to make certain type of bombs, etc... You don't see everyone trying to make bombs now do you? Sure, their will always be "terrorist" but government information is out their that is far worst than breaking in to a stupid car (yes, I own a Z ) anyhow, stupid thread pointless.... Like I said before, if they want to take your car they will a professional car jacker knows more than the "door" trick. A pro has taken these cars apart and knows his plan before attacking so don't give me this ****....

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Damn! who cares! If he doesnt want to tell, then dont. We are all Z lovers arent we? Fighting over this is just simply stupid. You people are too hard-headed. If he tells us that is the design of the door handle...are we gonna remodel it? NO. What can we do the most? Buy a nice alarm..get a club..park our cars somewhere safer. But cant we just do those now without him telling it? YES.
...then why fight over it?
Old 12-26-2002, 02:07 PM
BrianZ

Default Re: Purpose of this post

The purpose of this post was to share the experience with like people.

You buy a new "Z" and post pictures. Like anyone cares.What is the purpose of those posts? To pat each other on the backs? To see what the car everyone owns on this board looks like?

The reason for this post is I wanted to tell people what happened. It gets easier to deal with something the more you talk about it or share the story.

And everyone who wants me to post how to break in and defeat the alarm-----how STUPID could you be? Why dont you people take a poll? "How many people want to know how to break into the "Z" with out getting caught?" I'm pretty sure not all of the other members could be that idiotic.

I still would"nt tell anyone.

Park your car outside for a while in a metropolitan area and I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later.
FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED.

Just tell us so we can "arm" ourselves....
Old 01-02-2003, 02:38 PM
afr0puff

Does superman go around telling people about kryptonite???
But he would tell the Justice League We aren't just anybody. We are Z enthusiasts and owners. I haven't checked, but you seem to be the only one who has had their car broken into this way. Why not offer to meet up with a "respected" member on this forum at your local dealership and go over the break-in process with them? Then they can say just how big of a deal it is. That way the secret would still be safe, but we all would know that this indeed is a problem because the "respected" member said so. This isn't meant to put you down, its just that you have a handful of posts under your belt.

Also, I'm not so concerned as to someone stealing my car. Its the breaking in and "TRYING" to steal the car i'm more worried about. Your average car theif isn't gonna have a flat bed and won't know about the chip in the car key. Most car theives are teenagers. So they won't steal my car, but they can do a buttload of damage while trying to. I just think we should focus on preventing break ins instead of preventing theft.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:46 AM
spn350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an interesting thread but not for the content but for the insight on the replies.

Most damage done to a car will be done by amateurs, mostly young teenagers that most likely live in your area. To protect your car from them ... get to know them. I showed the teenagers that live across the street a show an tell of the Z when I got mine.

These young amateurs will be most likely to attempt to take a car for a "joy ride".

Professionals (over used word) or those that steal cars for a living want to do minimum damage to vechile so they know all the weakness of the vechiles they target, yes they will own a flat bed. To protect against these get a lemon or better insurance to replace vechile.

ZCARDRIVER mostly likely was given the coorporate line by the Nissan dealer that is to keep quite to protect others. But in reality Nissan dealership wants to protect sales of both ZCARs and the "other model" with this weakness.

Mostly likely reason why the car was not stolen was the "chip" in the standard security feature of 350Z, taking too long to by pass this security feature allowed time for someone to "drive up".

Guess we will have to wait until 20-20 or Dateline does a special to get the details and get Nissan North America to address the problem. Note how crash tests have improved after media got them in spot light.

Good news:
Too little demand for "pro" thieves to steal a 350Z for parts (they need to export car to retitle".

The "chip" seems to work. Allows time to have others notice crime in progress.

Bad News:
Nothing protects against pros.

Mostly likely theives will be amateurs that will cause too much damage to car.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:33 AM
mike952

Default opinion

My opinion is on the alarm. I believe the door doesn't utilize the imobilizer feature as the ignition does. Yet the alarm cannot go off if you open the door with the key. So possibly, if someone is able to get to the key mechanism they can unlock the car and as a consequence turn off the alarm.

My 2 cents...
Old 01-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Inzane

Wow....what a thread.

Look, the way this thread started insinuated a low-visibility entry into the vehicle by defeating the locked door and alarm system. I wonder if he had items of value in plain sight?

If someone is determined to steal your car - they'll steal it. This car is just like a Lexus - get a fondue fork and go between the lugs while holding the handle open and you're in in 2 seconds. NO BIG MYSTERY.

Protect your car the best way that you can and get adequate insurance. Face it, we live in a world with criminals and we're driving a car that folks want.

If they can't slim jim it, pick it, or rake it, they'll bust the window. Here's an idea, buy a Doberman and leave it inside the car. This way you'll not have to worry about thieves - just the ASPCA
Old 01-14-2003, 02:58 PM
MikesChromeZ

Default zcardriver

I was just wondering where in NY this happened, I had my car broken into last week and wanted to see if it was in the same vicinity..Looks like this person got into my car the same way they did to yours...
Old 01-14-2003, 05:58 PM
ZCARDRIVER

Unhappy

The car was broken into in Queens N.Y.. After speaking to many(and I mean many)people including alarm people I've found out that apparently the problem is wide spread and pretty well known about by the bad guys. They can bypass the alarm in our "Z"'s, Maxima's, and I found out on Infinitie's too. I've heard of where they hit an entire dealer lot of cars and stole the headlights. It seems the target for the theives is the easy loot inside the car but primarily the headlight systems. If anyone is SERIOUSLY curious, all you have to do is ask an honest Nissan dealer about the vulnerablity and I imagine, provided you own one of the aforementioned cars and are asking for your own "protection" they should give up the info.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:50 PM
g35or350z

the problem is wide spread and pretty well known about by the bad guys.
If it well known by the bad guys, what harm is it to let the good guys like us know so we can look out for it.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:18 AM
mrZ

Originally posted by g35or350z
If it well known by the bad guys, what harm is it to let the good guys like us know so we can look out for it.
Exactly. Its well known by professionals and i don't think there is a lot of punk *** kids surfing this forum. This issue really concerns me. If there is nothing we can do i guess there is no point in knowing how it's done though. Nissan definitely needs to be informed that we are expecting them to fix it.

Quick Reply: Important News Re:break-ins