Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Paint issue? Have you seen it on black?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:16 PM
ScottC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint issue? Have you seen it on black?

I have VERY small places on the paint where it looks almost like there is groups of spots where the paint is gone! It is very hard to see, but of course as the owner I can make it out. When I say small...I mean like each one is the size of a pin head, but they are in groups of 25-50. If you glance at it, it looks like missed wax, but it wont come off. There are 3 groups at random spots on one side. Anyone heard of an issue like this? I havent shown the dealer yet because I havent had a chance. Thanks for any input!
Old 01-02-2003, 12:57 PM
ScottC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: POOR PAINT QUALITY

Originally posted by GLEN OTA
I picked up my black Touring on November 1 and have since applied 3 coats of ZYMOL wax. I personally have not experienced your situation but I can confirm that the black paint on my Z is extremely poor. I have seen better quality paint on Earl Scheib cars for $300.00!!! At first I thought it was just me. After a strenous rubout, there remains a white film that I just can't seem to remove. I left e-mail for Dutch Mandel of Autoweek who has notified me that he also has left an e-mail for a Nissan VP who as of yet not returned any info on why Nissans black Z has such poor paint. Other than that, I already ordered replacement amp for Bose system. The car rocks minus a few nagging quality issues. Will advise.
Note: If anybody else is having paint issues please let me know so that I can record all of it.
Thanks for the reply and I agree. The weird thing is that I owned a 2000 Maxima before this and the paint was great! I waxed it once with cheap wax and it looked new for 3 years! You would think that they would use the same paint and technique. Frustraiting.