Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Odd Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 12:42 PM
FLETCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Noise

I am the proud owner of a Silverstone Touring model with automatic transmission. I've had it about 6 weeks and I noticed that not every time but every other time when I accelerate fairly quickly that I hear this sqeaking like mechanical sound that seems to be coming from the passenger area. It kinda sounds like the noise an automatic side mirror motor makes when your adjusting it (On my previous car). It only does it when I give it a good acelleration. Has Anyone experienced this or have a clue as to what this might be?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 01-03-2003, 12:58 PM
iris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Odd Noise

Originally posted by FLETCH
I am the proud owner of a Silverstone Touring model with automatic transmission. I've had it about 6 weeks and I noticed that not every time but every other time when I accelerate fairly quickly that I hear this sqeaking like mechanical sound that seems to be coming from the passenger area. It kinda sounds like the noise an automatic side mirror motor makes when your adjusting it (On my previous car). It only does it when I give it a good acelleration. Has Anyone experienced this or have a clue as to what this might be?

Thanks,
Ryan
I've had mine for 4 weeks and I've noticed a squeaking too. This morning I heard it when I was backing out of my garage. It doesn't seem to be from the passenger area in my car though - instead, it's sort of coming from behind. Almost like it's the brace. I guess it's not the same thing as yours since yours has to do w/acceleration, but it's sort of been bothering me (i'm trying to ignore it) and I have no idea what it is either.