Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Windshield problem what to do, any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 08:36 AM
lemansz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Windshield problem what to do, any suggestions

Ok I picked up my car about a month ago and delivery was at night. I drove it home and put it in the garage and didnt drive it for about a week because of bad weather. Anyways the next time i drove it was during the day and as i was driving i noticed an orange spot in the windshield in the middle just left of center. At first I thought it was a reflection but after closer inspection it wasnt. I tried to get it out with solvent,(tried everything) and even tried a razor blade. Anyways it turns out its actually a defect in the windshield. I took it to the dealer a.s.a.p. and the car only had about 150 miles on it. The dealer contacted Nissan and they agreed to to install a new one. My only grip is that I have to have a new windsheild installed on a brand new car of which the Nissan dealer doing the install just got the franchise so my car was the first Z that they even saw and the former dealer doesnt do windshield installs anyways. This just burns my *** and the car still only has about 800 nice weather miles on it. Anyone think I should ***** at Nissan for anything additional or just get it done and forget about it?
Old 12-24-2002, 08:49 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

The situation is unfortunate but they're replacing the window so what would more bitchn' do. Seriously doubt they would give you anything extra anyway.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:59 AM
Omega350Z

Yea take it as it is, they could have been pr!cks about it and said that there is no physical problem with the windshield (as in it does what its supposed to do) and that why wont replace it free of charge.