Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

WIndow trouble...goes up in 1/4 in. increments and clicks???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 01:49 PM
zcar03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIndow trouble...goes up in 1/4 in. increments and clicks???

I have to rewire my door wires after a lambo install. The window stopped working but I found out the wires were cut at where they enter the door. I fixed it and now the window goes automatically down and down the reg way fine. The window wont go up automatically at all and wont lower when I open the door and raise when I shut the door. Sometoimes it goes up a little then back all the way down and sometimes when I hold the switch it goes all the way up but keeps clicking as if im clicking the switch up and down real quick. I have no idea what it is. Anybody have a door wiring diagnostic or how can I test to see if the motor is ok. What wires jump the motor pos. and neg.?
Is there a sensing that thinks the window is hitting something and making it stop that I can override? Thanks
Old 04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
wren57
Banned

gotta raise this thread from the grave... my windows no longer go up the 1/4 inch when I close the door. They go down 1/4" when I get out but not back up which leaves a small gap allowing in rain etc unless I turn the key in the door to roll them up. This just started happening at 38000 miles, after the warranty expired... go figure. Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Tortuga

I just took my car to the dealership for the same problem. When opening the door the window would go down as it should, but did not seal back when closed. Also the window sometimes wouldn't go down at all when just driving around. They replaced the window motor/regulator. It started happening about 3 weeks ago but I finally took it in since I only had 25 miles left on the 36,000mi factory warranty. Works like new now. I was covered under warranty....just barely.

I saw this on nissanhelp.com under the service bulletins, a window regulator reset procedure. This may fix your window problem.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB04-089.htm

OOPS!! edit: I missed in the original post that this was for Lambo doors, sorry I have stock-opening doors.

Last edited by Tortuga; 04-05-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 PM
MySunset350Z

add me to the list. i had no idea people can be so stupid. the morons that installed my lambo doors crimped the wires together and wrapped them in electric tape.

both of my windows dont crack down anymore and one doesnt work at all. i took off the crappy electrical tape and noticed that they must of used some 5 ton crimper because the wires broke. electrical tape was peeling off and wires were exposed to the rain and salt and are corroded.

i have to rewire everything and i have to do it the right way. sotter and shrink tubing. its no wonder they went out of business. but for some reason, i feel better knowing that