Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Tire FEATHERING: FYI

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350zd
Gary K, would you mind sharing the context of your argument, I am about to go to arbritation and need all the help I can get (Anybody else, feel free to comment!). My position is that Nissan shipped all 2003's and some 2004 with a design flaw (Re-designed for Europeon Market???). If one reads all of the posts and different solutions that have been tried (I have), it seems quite evident that something is not right! The trick is to be able to prove this!
Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, been very busy. Part of my argument was that this is a design flaw, which was met with lies from the Nissan rep, and the arbitrator didn't seem to comprehend the technical aspects that would prove this. In a nutshell, the problem we are having is usuallly caused by exessive caster, and since this is not adjustable there is no way to fix the problem. I presented supporting documentation to validate all of my claims, but to no avail. In my case it was a lost cause, and a waste of about two days of my time to deal with this through the BBB.

My experience with the BBB has been horrible every time, so my expectations were low when I submitted to their program. They seem to not really care about supporting consumers, at least in my dealings with them. Their attitude is , and this is actually a quote: "Its a free service, so you can't expect much". And they strive to live up to that one.

There are obviously some people that have been successful using the BBB for the LL resolution. Those people apparently got lucky and had a decent arbitrator and/or rep from Nissan. I envy them.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:25 AM
lew f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GaryK
Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, been very busy. Part of my argument was that this is a design flaw, which was met with lies from the Nissan rep, and the arbitrator didn't seem to comprehend the technical aspects that would prove this. In a nutshell, the problem we are having is usuallly caused by exessive caster, and since this is not adjustable there is no way to fix the problem. I presented supporting documentation to validate all of my claims, but to no avail. In my case it was a lost cause, and a waste of about two days of my time to deal with this through the BBB.

My experience with the BBB has been horrible every time, so my expectations were low when I submitted to their program. They seem to not really care about supporting consumers, at least in my dealings with them. Their attitude is , and this is actually a quote: "Its a free service, so you can't expect much". And they strive to live up to that one.

There are obviously some people that have been successful using the BBB for the LL resolution. Those people apparently got lucky and had a decent arbitrator and/or rep from Nissan. I envy them.
I agree, the BBB is a waste of time.
Why go to arbitration and do it yourself. Hire an attorney, they work on contingency in an LL case. If you lose the attorney gets nothing and if they win, Nissan pays their costs. I did it that way and I settled with everything I was entitled too.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:47 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by lew f
I agree, the BBB is a waste of time.
Why go to arbitration and do it yourself. Hire an attorney, they work on contingency in an LL case. If you lose the attorney gets nothing and if they win, Nissan pays their costs. I did it that way and I settled with everything I was entitled too.
The problem I've had is finding an attorney that knows what they're doing that will do this on contingency. I've found a couple really good LL attorney's in VA, but they won't do it on contingency. If anyone knows of one that will, please let me know. I'm afraid at this point to take the risk with one that doesn't do contingency.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
lew f

The problem I've had is finding an attorney that knows what they're doing that will do this on contingency. I've found a couple really good LL attorney's in VA, but they won't do it on contingency. If anyone knows of one that will, please let me know. I'm afraid at this point to take the risk with one that doesn't do contingency.
I don't know if kron and Moss are licensed in Va. But they were great and they specialize in LL cases. Check the web
Old 11-28-2004, 07:02 AM
snoby

I talked with Lew over the holiday weekend and I'm going to gather all my information and submit to Kron & Moss. My problem is that Nissan is not admitting any problems with the 2004 model. Even though my tires are wearing just like the 2003's. This maybe the big problem for me. Basically I forced the dealership to check my alignment and they say that it is fine and that the car just goes through tires this way. I think I'm screwed...
I can't enact lemon law until they acknowledge that something is wrong.

Argh
Old 11-28-2004, 07:22 AM
lew f

Originally posted by snoby
I talked with Lew over the holiday weekend and I'm going to gather all my information and submit to Kron & Moss. My problem is that Nissan is not admitting any problems with the 2004 model. Even though my tires are wearing just like the 2003's. This maybe the big problem for me. Basically I forced the dealership to check my alignment and they say that it is fine and that the car just goes through tires this way. I think I'm screwed...

Argh
Keep in mind that you opened a complaint with NIssan NA and you can go to any dealership. I would go back to Nissan and tell them you want to go to another dealership's service department. I would also take advise from Krohn and Moss when you call them.
L
Old 11-28-2004, 07:54 AM
WNC350ZR

Argh

Don't give up! I have a 2004 with this tire issue and I can't get ANYONE at 1-800-NISSAN1 to call me back. That would indicate to me that they know they are in trouble and trying to stall. Why else would the customer service be so bad on a $40K product???

I'm not interested in doing the BBB Auto line. I would rather hire a lawyer or join a class action. Have any of you here joined a class action in any other state than the one you live in???

I live in NC, bought my Z in IL, and was wondering what should I do now. Anyone with any knowledge or experience in this senario please post and let me know what you did.

Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:22 PM
lew f

Originally posted by WNC350ZR
Don't give up! I have a 2004 with this tire issue and I can't get ANYONE at 1-800-NISSAN1 to call me back. That would indicate to me that they know they are in trouble and trying to stall. Why else would the customer service be so bad on a $40K product???

I'm not interested in doing the BBB Auto line. I would rather hire a lawyer or join a class action. Have any of you here joined a class action in any other state than the one you live in???

I live in NC, bought my Z in IL, and was wondering what should I do now. Anyone with any knowledge or experience in this senario please post and let me know what you did.

Thanks!!
Try the Lemon law Route. Nissan cannot hide from that
Old 11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
snoby

Gary,
I saw in one of your previous posts that your BBB arbitration got dismissed... Can you give us details or point us to a post somewhere on the web were we can read what happened?
Thanks
Matt
Old 11-28-2004, 05:44 PM
mxpx_8

Argh
Never fear!!! I also have a 2004 with the same issue. I am using Kron & Moss. My case is aginst Nissan not for lemon law, but for warrenty. We are suing due to that. There is a known defect with the car that they are refusing to fix. Private message me if you want more details.

If you live in Ohio I can give you the name and number of my lawyer. I am sure he will not turn down another slam dunk case. hehe
Old 11-28-2004, 06:56 PM
snoby

I'm in the same boat with Nissan here in Georgia, expect a PM soon!
Matt
Old 11-30-2004, 04:41 AM
GaryK

Gary,
I saw in one of your previous posts that your BBB arbitration got dismissed... Can you give us details or point us to a post somewhere on the web were we can read what happened?
Thanks
Matt
Well, there isn't much to tell really. At the hearings, the Nissan rep kept saying that there is nothing wrong with my car. That was the reason listed for denial of the buyback on the decision statement I received. I really feel like I proved that there is a recurring problem, but I'm just some whiny consumer in the eyes of the arbitrator I guess.

Thanks for the tip on Krohn and Moss, Lew. They unfortunately don't handle cases in Virginia. I'm still stuck. Do you guys think its worth taking the risk with an experienced LL attorney on a non-contingency basis?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:47 AM
Pit Bull

Well, there isn't much to tell really. At the hearings, the Nissan rep kept saying that there is nothing wrong with my car. That was the reason listed for denial of the buyback on the decision statement I received. I really feel like I proved that there is a recurring problem, but I'm just some whiny consumer in the eyes of the arbitrator I guess.

Thanks for the tip on Krohn and Moss, Lew. They unfortunately don't handle cases in Virginia. I'm still stuck. Do you guys think its worth taking the risk with an experienced LL attorney on a non-contingency basis?
Just trade it in and get a new ( ). This isn't worth the stress your going through.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:35 AM
GaryK

Originally posted by Pit Bull
Just trade it in and get a new ( ). This isn't worth the stress your going through.
Well, you might be right. I don't trade cars in though because you just lose that much more money dealing that way. I have actually taken it to a couple dealers and tried to work deals with them. They just won't give enough for the car. Its in showroom condition, yet they can't get within $4k of the trade in value on the thing. I have it up for sale, but no serious bites yet and I don't even know if I want to sell it myself because of moral and legal implications. I mean its bad enough that Nissan has hung so many people out to dry, but in getting rid of the car you have to put a price on things like moral values and legal risks just to minimize your losses.

Another reason I don't want to trade is that I already bought another car. Its kind of hard to trade a car in when you really don't want to acquire another vehicle. My frustration with Nissan has taken all of the enjoyment out of owning and driving the z, which has led me to park the damn thing for months at a time.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:45 PM
lew f

You have nothing to lose. Keep in mind Nissan has settled with a bunch of us which, to me, proves they know there is a problem for which they do not have a fix.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:48 PM
lew f

Gary,
I just went on the web and there are a number of LL attorneys in Va. Have you checked them out?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:24 AM
InItIaLD

3 of my friends AND myself have had our tires replaced, everyone call 1800nissan1, if you have to speak to someone by name ask for ALITA, we arent exactly fighting nissan (most of us) we are fighting dealers who are too lazy or dont know the significance of the Z's tire issues and/or have a service manager who is a fukin stupid son of a b*tch trying to keep his incentive intact.... all you need is a nissan representative's name and a reference number and bam.. its done
Old 12-01-2004, 12:15 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by lew f
Gary,
I just went on the web and there are a number of LL attorneys in Va. Have you checked them out?
So far, I have found a couple that probably know what they're doing, but none that will work on contingency. In addition, the ones that I consider my top picks claim I should avoid any attorney that works on contingency as they are somehow inferior. I don't really understand that one.

I've also tried contacting the attorney general, with no useful information as a result.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by InItIaLD
3 of my friends AND myself have had our tires replaced, everyone call 1800nissan1, if you have to speak to someone by name ask for ALITA, we arent exactly fighting nissan (most of us) we are fighting dealers who are too lazy or dont know the significance of the Z's tire issues and/or have a service manager who is a fukin stupid son of a b*tch trying to keep his incentive intact.... all you need is a nissan representative's name and a reference number and bam.. its done
Bam, you get new tires. But the problem will probably still exist. I respectfully disagree regarding who we are fighting. It is indeed Nissan that is trying to sweep this whole issue under the rug. Yes, there are some dealers out there that are hard to deal with, but it is Nissan that

1. Designed the car
2. Is responsible for implementing a reasonable fix
3. Accepts or declines warranty claims submitted by the dealers

I personally have had nothing but problems with the dealers, but I know the source is Nissan. Many dealers won't touch these cars because Nissan actually will often screw over their own dealers when it comes to warranty claims. And the dealers can only do what the TSB's say. I am in no way supporting the dealers, but as with many companies, the source of most problems is at the top.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
WNC350ZR

Originally posted by InItIaLD
Sorry but I disagree. Called 1-800-NISSAN1 on NOV 9th and several times since. Guess what??? STILL NO CALL BACK even though I was told multiple times that I would receive one within 48HRs.

Just went out yesterday and bought 2 new front tires and alignment. The roar is gone and the ride is smooth again. I'm just about to reach the lawyer point here VERY SOON. I hate to sue people but guess that is what it will take to get a reaction out of Nissan.

Quick Reply: Tire FEATHERING: FYI