Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Genuine Nissan Parts Availbility?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 02:44 PM
bucknakedru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genuine Nissan Parts Availbility?

Has anyone needed parts for warrenty issues? Did you have to wait very long? I'm currently waiting for a new drivers seat bracket to fix seat noise and a new trunk release because it will not open anymore. I've currently been waiting for over two weeks.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:30 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell your service dept to "Customer Care" the parts. They will associate it with your vin and it will get their very quick. Sometimes the service dept. does not do this!

I have had 2 things replaced: Body Control Module (BCM) took 3 business days and visor which took 2 business days.

Over a week is way too long! Tell them to get their act together.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:32 PM
spacemanspiff

I'm closing in on 5 weeks waiting for a replacement tail light cover...mine cracked in several places I think during the spirited group drive we had in San Diego up to Palomar mountain back in early December...maybe from body flex...doesn't look like anything hit it. I call the dealer every week...no luck so far.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Marked350Z

I got into a accident and destroyed my front axle. It took 3 weeks to get majority of the parts. I'm still waiting on two pieces to complete the work. NNA has not been able to give any kind of production and delivery date. All they could tell me is that the parts are on backorder and that they have a parts coordinator working on it. My Z has been sitting in the shop for over 5 WEEKS!
Old 01-17-2003, 05:25 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It seems some things are taking a long time. They told me that my BCM came from Japan. It was ordered on Dec 20th and installed on the 27th. I highly doubt it came from Japan but who knows! Dont let them tell you things are backordered especially when they are making cars with these parts. Your dealer is not doing what they need to get the job done. Complain!

I wish you the best of luck. Dont forget to mention the "Customer care" designation. I learned this trick from "Dougrace zs"