Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Where to drill-(Base models ONLY)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to drill-(Base models ONLY)

OK,..got the Best HID kit ever and its ready to go in,..Very simple really,..but this is not your average H7 HID kit! ITs from MR.JUng's http://www.misterjung.com (VERY HIGH QUALITY)-and seems like its homemade,.but it has a H7 HID bulb w/ a Halogen H7 Backing--so it fits much better then Normal H7 HID bulb!

But I was told I would have to drill,..now,..the Question is where are you all drilling that have Base Models w/ HID upgrade?
ow big of a hole and what are you trying to squeze through the hole,..mine has pretty skinny wires unlike normal BIG FATTY Wire,...so if you can give a brief Description that would help very much

Sorry for posting so much about the HID install,..but the **** ain't like puttin in a Set of "COOL Blues" from Pep Boys!
their bulbs don't cost $100 a pop!

Wanna make sure its cool,..and not have to pay to have it done,..I wanna do this **** myself!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:56 AM
shaneotool

I was wondering if you got your kit installed yet. I was thinking about getting the same kit from mrjung. How do you like it? I know a lot of people on altimas.net use them. how difficult was the install?
Old 01-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Mr Fairlady

Got it,..All done,..Super Bowl day I did it!!

Man its great!!!! LOVE the COLOR & brite as hell!

Its prety simple but the main thing w/ the Base Models is that you can't plug the negitive wire we're its supposed to go into the box harness,..you have to ground it to the body or otherwise the lights will only stay on for a little while,...the ECU will sence a problem and you'll have no lights!!So cut the plug off of the negitive wire and re-run some longer wire to connect a little metal cirlce thing to put a screw through it a drill in to the metal body of the car!

Thanx to Audrey for the hook-up on tellin me how....its really simple,..Mr.Jung's kits are SO GREAT best kit ever!!his have a rubber grommet to help plug the hole that you have to drill into the plastic circle(about 1 1/2 round) that gets you into the headlight itself and then put some Silicone around just in case and THATS it!the hardest part was mounting the ballast's--on the Passanger side the Water resivior(?spell?)
is in the way so I mounted it where you can see it but the driver isde you can get it all the way down safely in the bumper!

get the 7000K H7 kit and you will be in heaven.