Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Feathering and Nissan Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 04:56 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How about checking toe before the tires are damaged?

Would it then make sense for the dealers to check toe for us BEFORE having to shell out new tires??

This kind of helpfull attitude culd get a dealer quite a bit of business a la "check my toe and go ahead with the oil change, etc while I have it here... "
Old 01-27-2003, 06:56 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well according to the Nissan Tech (not dealer but NNA) he said that for the first couple of months the cars were made with the toe out, mine was with the toe out all wheels so the car was going straight, the car was aligned but now I have scalloping/feathering and the only comment I got from him or NNA is that they can remove the front tires and and remount on the opposite side wheel so the noise goes away!!!

No new tires!!! So I am going to get some real tires now and if they scallop again all hell is going to break loose. Unless you want to approve some new tires for me!!
Old 01-27-2003, 06:57 PM
JimH

Default Tire Adj. NOT!

Just took mine in today for alignment. I pressed them for tire replacement and they really whined, but said they would ck. w/NNA.
I got a tx call and the SM said he spoke w/NNA and all they offered to do was (of course) take care of the alignment AND switch tires side to side and take care of the dismount, remount and balance. Then, NNA said if I wanted to press the issue, I could call Nissan Consumer affairs and register my complaint (excessive feathering @ 10,000 miles) with them.
I had them do the tire thing and the noise is drastically reduced now. I don't want to put new Potenzas back on so I guess this is all I can hope for.
I am taking a trip from AZ to FLA and up to Baltimore and back across the states to AZ next month and in a bit of a quandry on tire wear status before I leave. I probably will renew all 4 tires w/Pilot Sports before I go even tho I hate the idea of loosing the tread life remaining on the POtenza's. Oh well..... Regards, Jim
Old 01-27-2003, 07:30 PM
commasense

Jim,

When will you be in Balto, and for how long? I'd love to meet up with you while you're in town. We Sunsets have to stick together! Mine is the only one I've seen! PM or e-mail me.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:26 PM
JimH

Default Baltimore

James, As soon as I get things firmed up I will surely let you know when I will be there! I am hoping to hook up w/others along the route as well.
On the one hand I hate to add another 6,000+ miles onto the Z as I am already close to 11,000 now. On the other hand, I am really looking forward to being on the road going all the way across/around the nation w/her for nearly a full month! Watta' rush, especially with no deadlines on the trip length! Regards, Jim
Old 01-28-2003, 07:46 AM
commasense

Default Re: Baltimore

Originally posted by JimH
I am hoping to hook up w/others along the route as well.
Jim,

Speaking as one old guy to another, be careful about using the phrase "hooking up with." Kids these days use it to mean something entirely different from the innocent meaning it has for us.

Unless, of course, you meant it in the modern sense. In which case more power to you, but maybe I won't invite you over. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Be seeing you.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:28 PM
JimH

Default "Hooking up"

Hmmmm, well, I dunno, but I thought I was on okay ground with that phrase, but maybe not! Simply put, I am in hopes of seeing/meeting up w/other 350 owners along the way. Nothing any more sinister than a common ground of enjoying the 350. Regards, Jim