Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Warranty Administrator from Miami

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 08:31 AM
stevew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi Maroone,
Is there a TSB regarding the alignment and toe-in? I would like to ensure that my soon-to-be-delivered car starts out without the tire wear problem, but I doubt that the dealer is going to voluntarily incur the cost of a alignment check unless Nissan has acknowledged the frequency of the problem. Is there anything "official" that I can provide my dealer.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:15 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve.

I am sure he will be by later, but I think Maroone stated that the service dept gets "paid" for an hour of PDI (pre-delivery inspection), so checking Toe should not be a problem.

He sugested (and I would agree) you ask for the alignment report. The machine puts out a printed piece of paper with all your settings, before and after adjustment (if adjustment is required). This is a way to make sure they do what they claim to have done...

I think the argument is clear. There are many reports of this problem, would they rather check the alignment now or pay for tires later?? You are giving them $3xK+ for the car, an alignment check is nothing.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:25 AM
stevew

Good point Slaponte, thanks.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:38 PM
slaponte

Default Just got my car back!

Hurray for Maroone (Coral Gables)!

Great service advisor. They corrected my Toe (front and back), ordered my Bose Amp per TSB and fixed one tire preassure sensor.

Left the car in the morning, done by 3PM.

Excelent service and attention.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:50 PM
slaponte

Hey, didn't mention the free oil change, didn't want you to have a rush of Zs in there...

John, question, you might have seen some threads about NISMO and the dealers. Have you guys on the warranty side been adviced of how that will work? If the dealers sell and install NISMO products, they would be covered, right?

This seems to be almost on us, supposed to be up by May 2003. I would have thought you guys would have heard about this by now.

If you can't say, just tell us "no comment", we would understand.

Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:30 AM
maximadave

Originally posted by bigdog
Hi Maroone_MIA, the statement that you made regarding the service tech's mnot having the training on the tranny problem(3rd gear grinding), is that the case for most dealerships.
2k2 and 2k3 6-speed Maximas also have the 3rd gear grind Mossy Nissan said "Sorry, we found no problem with your transmission or clutch". Where can I get straight answers?
Old 02-01-2003, 01:39 PM
slaponte

I hope you didn't missunderstand the "" no comment" thing. I just thought since you work there you might know some stuff and not be in the liberty to go public with it. I would take a "no comment" as a "we have been told some stuff but I am not in the liberty to let it out yet, confidential company business", which is understandable.

I work at IBM and (unlikely in this forum, been about Zs) a question could come up which is in conflict with proper business conducts to answer it. The fact that you choose to participate here and help us out does not imply you should place your employment in jeopardy.

Anyway, comming from an "audit happy" company myself ( ), I would imagine that a few months ahead this would be all over internally. You should know that if I go to the dealer, and you carry the NISMO catalog, and I select a special induction system or suspension, the very next question will be "how does this affect my warranty??!!".

And, by the way, if/when you do get NISMO catalogs, I REALLY WANT ONE!!
Old 02-03-2003, 11:56 AM
slaponte

Default WOW!

Maroone Nissan is sure trying hard to keep my business.

Ordered my Bose amp last wednesday, it is already here! (3 work days!!)

Mike says : come by and we will install in 30 mins while you wait.

WOW!

And let me point out I didn't buy the car there! (Maybe I should have...)
Old 02-05-2003, 05:46 AM
perk76

Default Maroone_MIA

Maroone_MIA,

If you don't mind, could you give me your contact info so next time I need to take my car in for service I can take it to Maroone (Coral Gables) and see you. Assuming you are a service advisor.

I am not really happy with Maroone Nissan of Kendall's Service Department. They had my car for 4 days last week on an alignment issue. 3 alignments (including crossing front tires once) later, and it stills pulls to the right just as much as before. They told me there was nothing more they can do because they aligned it within specs. They advised me to call Nissan and file a complaint so maybe they would change my front tires. Maroone of Kendall is closer to my house but I am willing to go out of my way to the Gables for someone to work on my car that knows what they are doing.

I took it this morning to fix the window streak problem. They ordered some parts and they arrived yesterday. Hopefully they will get this right.