Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Stripped Skid Plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
THSHTSK8ER08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped Skid Plate

Help. I went in to the local EZ Lube for a oil change and as i watch the lube guy get under my car to remove the skid plate. He tells me that they r stripped and it wont come off. The last people to give me a oil change was Superior Nissan of puente hills, so pretty much i need an oil change and some way of taking off the skid plate. Wat should i do, go to superior and complain, i thought about it but they probabbly wont believe me since it was a long time ago (almost 5000 miles) i know im sorry. Shouldnt they be responsible for wat they did to my car. I need ur help/advice. Also my windows r acting funny and one of they windows ripped the passanger side weather stripping, newb question "is that covered under warranty??"

thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 09:20 AM
mberthia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean by skid plate ? The plastic cover with about 15-20 screws ? you can drain the oil without removing it but you need to remove it the change the filter. Bring it back to the same dealer and just ask for an oil change... They should take care of remove it properly. Just make sure all the screws are back on when you leave.

As for the weather stripping, I had it changed under warranty.