Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Ride Problem? Call..............

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:31 PM
LaidbackRacr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jmark
Check out Boomer impressions of the Koni's installed on his Z in the suspension forum!
I have RS-R springs and still have terrible bounce its so bad, i think my allignment needs to be done regularly anyone tried different shocks like KYB adjusts?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 12-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Autobahn

Cool Any news on the "Bounce"

Did anyone ever hear whether Nissan was going to do anything to fix the "bounce" problem? After getting many things fixed it is now my only remaining "big" problem. It would be nice if there was a Nissan provided solution such as the new tires and the new tranny before I have to shell out for Koni shocks which I hope will fix the problem.

Any news anywhere or is this thread long since dead?

Autobahn
Old 12-11-2004, 04:53 PM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Konis.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:33 PM
soundsalive

I ju-st found a 2003 track edition left over on the net for 25K. It has 244 miles. Obviously I bought it and I will have it next week. What should I be looking for as far as problems with it?
Old 12-27-2004, 04:46 PM
jmark

Originally posted by soundsalive
I ju-st found a 2003 track edition left over on the net for 25K. It has 244 miles. Obviously I bought it and I will have it next week. What should I be looking for as far as problems with it?
I recommend getting the alignment checked first.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:28 PM
mxpx_8

Originally posted by soundsalive
Tire Feathering, Window Streaks, Transmission, Bose Issues...the list goes on...

Try going here for more detailed info...

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350Z/Year.htm
Old 03-25-2005, 05:26 AM
Badfish25

and with that low a mileage from that old a car, check for rotted hoses, and make sure ALL the oils and fluids are changed and flushed. the tires probably have crazy flat spots too. Good deal though.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Huckingfellers

LOL, good luck, but it wioll be in the shop many many times like most other Z owners on this site!! Including me
Old 04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
pisces9ca

Konis' fixed the blinkin' hi way bounce! Added Stillen Anti-sways and love the ride!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
superdave2626

Default Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, Avon M500 Tires Pending Install

I am about to put the Koni shocks and Hotchkis springs on my Touring 2003 and I thought I should post a before and after for all my 350Z brethren! I have stock everything now, including the crappy Bridgestone Potenza tires. I am getting tons of noise from what seems to be the tires. I also experience the crazy bouncing, depending on road conditions and speed, which is embarrassing, to say the least. I can drive a stick, but I drive an automatic 350Z because I live in Atlanta with insane bumper-to-bumper traffic everyday on my work commute. I will let everyone know what the results are of all the modifications in a week or so. Chime in if you care about hearing the results.

-Dave
Old 07-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Autobahn

yes! give us the results.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:30 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by superdave2626
I am about to put the Koni shocks and Hotchkis springs on my Touring 2003 and I thought I should post a before and after for all my 350Z brethren! I have stock everything now, including the crappy Bridgestone Potenza tires. I am getting tons of noise from what seems to be the tires. I also experience the crazy bouncing, depending on road conditions and speed, which is embarrassing, to say the least. I can drive a stick, but I drive an automatic 350Z because I live in Atlanta with insane bumper-to-bumper traffic everyday on my work commute. I will let everyone know what the results are of all the modifications in a week or so. Chime in if you care about hearing the results.

-Dave
Lets hear it.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 AM
superdave2626

Ok, just give me until the middle of next week, which is when I take her to the shop. To clarify, I am installing the new ceramic brake pads, Avon tires, shocks, and springs at the same time. I just bought the car and it needed tires and brakes anyway. Mahdavi Motorsports is doing the work, and they also happen to sell most of the parts I bought at a better price than most.
http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/
They also have a bad*** set of slotted and drilled rotors for 172 a pair that I am thinking about getting (that means it's probably only a matter of time now). They have a really good online store.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Vitamin Z

Ok, just give me until the middle of next week, which is when I take her to the shop. To clarify, I am installing the new ceramic brake pads, Avon tires, shocks, and springs at the same time. I just bought the car and it needed tires and brakes anyway. Mahdavi Motorsports is doing the work, and they also happen to sell most of the parts I bought at a better price than most.
They also have a bad*** set of slotted and drilled rotors for 172 a pair that I am thinking about getting (that means it's probably only a matter of time now). They have a really good online store.
Yeah! I like Mahdavi. Guys there are pretty cool (Arash especially). Use to go there with my 95 Prelude VTEC. Went a few times with my Z but since my car
is not exactly problem free, had no time to go there lately.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:47 PM
imoz

That is great you found a good shop near you, but my only suggestion is do not install drilled rotors on a car you drive every day. They are nice for show cars but I would opt for slotted only on a real car.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Vitamin Z

I do agree with the above post. I have sloted Stoptech's on the front and like 'em.