Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

ABS Pump Cycling continuously

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:18 PM
mberthia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Pump Cycling continuously

When I returned to my car after a 1hr stop, I got in the car and noticed a noise. I though it was a fan running so just started the engine and drove off. A few miles later the ABS and SLIP lights turned on. I pulled over and restarted the engine, lights did not come on again. I activated the ABS to see if it was working and I got more wheel slippage than I expected although I think it did kick in. When I got in the garage and turned off the key, the ABS started pumping and it won't stop. If i put the key at acc it stops. I had to disconnect the battery so that if would not work all night. Anyone had this problem ?
Old 08-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Theres an accuator relay and a Motor relay---One might be stuck ---There is not a separate module in the Zs so that would be the first chk----If the Relays have the same part numbers, switch them--If that stops the ABS motor replace both relays with new ones ----Might want to chk the Harness conection also for overheated circuits
Old 08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
mberthia

Originally Posted by E***zzzzy
Theres an accuator relay and a Motor relay---One might be stuck ---There is not a separate module in the Zs so that would be the first chk----If the Relays have the same part numbers, switch them--If that stops the ABS motor replace both relays with new ones ----Might want to chk the Harness conection also for overheated circuits

Thanks. It's now intermittent, so I'm not sure if it's a relay. Were are the relays that you are talking about ? I did disconnect the harness to the ABS module and nothing seems to be wrong. That connector is sturdy so I don't think it's the cause. I also removed the fuses and reinstalled them. It's a block of 3 fuses, 2 for the ABS and one for the ignition - located in the box by the battery. That did not help either. If I leave the battery disconnected for long enough, when I reconnect it, the issue is gone. But if I drive it, the pump will restart when I park the car.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Theres another box thats BEHIND the battery ---They prob are in there. U have to take the battery out---
Nissan is poor at showing locations of fuses/relays in the boxes. In rare instances relays are located in isolated spots. But try that box.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
mberthia

Just an update. I had it at the dealer last week for the fuel line recall and asked them to look into the ABS problem. Once I got there the problem was gone.... They did pull a coded stating an error with the ABS pump and got on the line with Nissan tech support. They believe it was the bad condition of my brakes. After 18k miles and 1,000 of them on the track, the front rotors were pretty chewed up and had spider craks. I was due to change them and had a spare set of rotors at home. I don't know if this was the cause or not, but the problem has not reappeared since.