Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My Great yet annoying Z.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Shadowrwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Great yet annoying Z.

So i brought in my Z for service today, and stated a few problems i have been haveing. As it turns out I have to get the transmission replaced, the bose fix, and the front tires replaced. There were many other problems that i have been haveing, but the service guys didnt know how to address the problems and that they havent heard of them. First there is a creaking/grinding sound coming from my passenger side. around the dash/door, my blinkers every once and awhile dont make any noise, the lights on the dash flash but there isnt that clicking sound, annoying screaching when i turn of the car its like the alarm when the lights are on goes crazy, the headlights sometimes seem as though they arent powered enough they only light up 15 feet in front of me, and the ride is very bouncy seems as though the car is jumping up in the front. Well most of these problems they said were normal and there was nothing they could do about it, so has anyone else had these problems and is there any clue on how to fix any of it? Other than those things the Z is great and i love driving it, but now i gotta wait for all my parts to come in before i begin to add any modifications to the Z.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:29 PM
phreezee

Default Re: My Great yet annoying Z.

Originally posted by Shadowrwr
my blinkers every once and awhile dont make any noise, the lights on the dash flash but there isnt that clicking sound
I've had this happen to me... never really thought much of it at the time... that's weird.

What's your VIN?
Weird that you need the bose fix if you're getting the car now.

Last edited by phreezee; 03-04-2003 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Shadowrwr

My Vin is 3750. Ive had the Z since october, but i havent been able to drive it that much. The Z was parked for about a month and a half due to snow. My driveway is 1/2 mile long and the snow turned to ice, then to mud, and had a huge chunk of ice down the whole center where the wheels of my H2 hadn't cleared. So the Z was stuck. I was gonna bring the car in around the time it first snowed then i just had to wait it out. The car only has 4500 miles on it so i havent driven it that much since October.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:47 PM
YourMomma

Default Re: My Great yet annoying Z.

Originally posted by Shadowrwr
my blinkers every once and awhile dont make any noise, the lights on the dash flash but there isnt that clicking sound, annoying screaching when i turn of the car its like the alarm when the lights are on goes crazy, the headlights sometimes seem as though they arent powered enough they only light up 15 feet in front of me
Obviously sounds like an electrical problem. It used to be that no clicking was caused by a problem with the turn signal relay. I'm not sure where its at in the Z (or if it even applies) but you have two possible locations. #1 in the fuse box on the drivers side foot well. #2 is under the hood near the battery (fusible links).
Old 03-05-2003, 04:45 PM
sgraham

>>> the ride is very bouncy seems as though the car is jumping up in the front.

Good luck on this one. My dealer wants nothing to do with it. Logged it to Nissan and am going to try and follow up with their Regional office. Suspension is a disaster. Lawsuit material. Check out other threads. I know it has been beat to death but send me a check for $2k for NISMO suspension to shut me up.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:44 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by sgraham
>>> the ride is very bouncy seems as though the car is jumping up in the front.

Good luck on this one. My dealer wants nothing to do with it. Logged it to Nissan and am going to try and follow up with their Regional office. Suspension is a disaster. Lawsuit material. Check out other threads. I know it has been beat to death but send me a check for $2k for NISMO suspension to shut me up.
Works for me! Please call NNA and state your problem. Be civil!