Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch Pedal Sticking?? What Year Car??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006 | 10:59 AM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by Acree
EXACTLY! When they replaced my transmission, they put the old clutch/flywheel back in, which means they probably used all the same parts for it. This issue really pisses me off. It makes me feel like I'm driving a civic.

-Acree
If thats the case ---- u have a 009 tranny with an 008 flywheel and clutch assy and an orificed line.
Keep in mind that this is just an idea I stumbled on while researching. And what struck me was the fact that orifices or resticters in any line or system are prone to becoming "gooped" up, causing flow problems, weather they be in Super Charger feed lines, Brake lines or in this case MAYBE Clutch lines.
Old 10-24-2006 | 11:38 AM
Acree

Originally Posted by E***zzzzy
If thats the case ---- u have a 009 tranny with an 008 flywheel and clutch assy and an orificed line.
Keep in mind that this is just an idea I stumbled on while researching. And what struck me was the fact that orifices or resticters in any line or system are prone to becoming "gooped" up, causing flow problems, weather they be in Super Charger feed lines, Brake lines or in this case MAYBE Clutch lines.
I'm going to speak with the dealership about your theory when I take it in tomorrow. I'm taking it in for start up issues, but this is something I want fixed. I haven't persued it before because the only way I can reproduce it is when the car is warm after driving hard.

-Acree
Old 10-24-2006 | 12:13 PM
Eazzy

Good ---But it may be over their heads or I might be all focked as far as my opinion. Let us know---Its a prob thats popping up all too often and if it happens in the wrong place, at the wrong time, could hurt someone.
Old 10-24-2006 | 12:22 PM
Acree

True. I'll post an update when I get back from the stealership.

-Acree
Old 10-26-2006 | 03:29 AM
HOMiEZ

03 45k miles never experience anything like this
Old 10-26-2006 | 05:54 AM
DIGItonium

If I can recall correctly, the '05s had a redesigned clutch/flywheel setup. All I could remember was "reduced pedal effort." Of course, there was no mention about the tranny improvements.

When i got my tranny replaced in January I wanted CD -009. I ended up getting CD -008 and it is one heck of a "clunker." I have not had clutch issues other than to get it to grind as if my clutch pedal is not in enough.

With my old tranny, the clutch pedal only gets sticky during extreme cold temperatures.
Old 10-30-2006 | 06:14 PM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by djtonium
If I can recall correctly, the '05s had a redesigned clutch/flywheel setup. All I could remember was "reduced pedal effort." Of course, there was no mention about the tranny improvements.

When i got my tranny replaced in January I wanted CD -009. I ended up getting CD -008 and it is one heck of a "clunker." I have not had clutch issues other than to get it to grind as if my clutch pedal is not in enough.

With my old tranny, the clutch pedal only gets sticky during extreme cold temperatures.
Freezing temps could be icing moisture in the system and blocking the orifice ??????? Im so busy ---I really would like to see that inline orifice and take it apart if possible, just to see if its small enough to be hindered by ice,sludge,master/slave cyl. pieces of rubber, etc.

BTW ---Where there is brake fluid there is water. It absorbs moisture like a sponge and is the MAIN reason for dirty/sludged fluid. Unless its silicon Based. Which has its drawbacks also.

Last edited by Eazzy; 10-30-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-05-2006 | 07:32 PM
purzzz

Found another stick and burn on '06 on the www.nicoclub.com site , he's from Carrollton, TX copied his post below. What i dont' understand, is why wouldn't new owners of a brand new sports car, report a sticking clutch to their dealer and demand an answer?? Especially experienced drivers? there was another post on that same site/thread that said they 'just hadn't gotten around to it yet'

"The following reply was posted by FlintGaugeZ:
Reading through this thread I can't help but think this sounds just
like what happened to me. I bought my 2006 Z brand new in august. I went
to let the clutch out while having some fun (after having followed the
1200 mile break in, this was at around 2000 miles), at about 4700k and
it stuck to the ground and and left me sitting at a green light for
about 20 seconds. It smelled awful for next 30 minutes and was quite
embarrassing. I have owned sticks all my life (the Z is my 4th one) and I've
never had this problem before. I think we might need to take this up
with Nissan. Maybe there's a defective clutch spring or something else
here that needs to be taken care of by the dealer..."
Old 11-05-2006 | 07:47 PM
purzzz

and now that i review where everyone is from, maybe this is related to a specific mfg plant location? lots of you from texas, i'm alaska, a couple kansas, and s.calif. All looking to be midwest-west coast dealers? could it be an assembly problem that interacts with a weak part...? times like these i wish i was a motorhead like the rest of you sigh
Old 11-05-2006 | 07:53 PM
Eazzy

Any things possible ---But my point from the beginning was if the orifice in the hyd.line used on the 008s was to blame and thats what I wanted to rule out sinse it has never been addressed before.
Old 11-05-2006 | 08:09 PM
redman333

I've got an '03 that I bought used and at 45k I had a problem with the pedal sticking, I never took the car in and now the problem just went away. I live in southern cali where it doesn't really get cold, but the problem did seem to arrise in the colder mornings, and didn't happen in the afternoon, at first. Then it started doing it at al times. But just like it came, it went away. I haven't had an issue in about 5200mi.
Old 11-05-2006 | 08:15 PM
sidewayz2

06 here and it has happened to me several times once almost causing a t-bone situation. I launch like normal, kinda hard and boom clutch is stuck to the floor like its being held down. T he engine revs and the car does not move well hardly moves and all of a sudden it stops limping and the clutch comes up like nothing is wrong. Friggin pisses me off cause it always happens at the worst possible times. my 2 cents.
Old 11-12-2006 | 05:07 PM
LV350

Angry

Originally Posted by sidewayz2
The engine revs and the car does not move well hardly moves and all of a sudden it stops limping and the clutch comes up like nothing is wrong.
Happened to me this evening for the first time... Similar results. No performance mods here yet.

Last edited by LV350; 11-12-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2006 | 10:30 PM
aren21

so anyone find a fix for this yet???
Old 11-23-2006 | 03:08 AM
Eazzy

Not unless some of u that have the problem look to see if ur system has the inline orifice and take it out and inspect it or replace it with a non-orificed line and see if it solves the problem
Old 11-26-2006 | 04:59 PM
350ZEnthusiast

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but a few days ago (on Wednesday), I was coming home and my clutch stuck (for about 2 seconds) while accelerating from a stop, but I had kept revving it because I was turning onto a road with a 55mph speed limit and was used to it working. It smelled really bad for at least a couple days and then on Friday, I went to work and right away, it was harder and harder to get going (viz. requiring more rpms ~4000). So I went to work and came home with the same problem plus a thing that when I gave it gas, the rpms would go up real fast and then level again. Today, Sunday, I went into town and it did the same thing but worse (almost 5500 needed to get going). So I tried the cruise control thinking it might help bypass the clutch. I turned it on and used the switch to try and accelerate and the rpms started jumping from 2000-2500 and back. A little further down the road, with cc switched off, my engine died while at a steady 45 mph and so I restarted it while coasting. It worked, but then died again and again and then wouldn't start. The check engine light came on and I pulled over. The car wouldn't start so I called AAA. While waiting it would start but wouldn't accelerate. I am taking it in within the next few days. Is this relevant? Or can someone tell me what it is?
BTW sorry I can't give transmission code because it is at the shop.
Sorry for lengthly post but thought it might be needed.
Old 11-26-2006 | 05:12 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

happened to me a few times. I bled the system and replaced my fluid with MOTUL and it hasnt happened again.
Old 11-26-2006 | 05:17 PM
350ZEnthusiast

And it's an '03
Old 11-26-2006 | 05:19 PM
350ZEnthusiast

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
happened to me a few times. I bled the system and replaced my fluid with MOTUL and it hasnt happened again.
For me?
Old 11-26-2006 | 05:35 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

posting for everyone to read

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Sticking?? What Year Car??