Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Underdrive Pully Install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 05:36 AM
garyovich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underdrive Pully Install?

After searching I found lots of information about underdrive pullies, however I found little to no info about installation. Other than it's not that bad and you need a buddy to hold the brakes. Does Unorthodox URs come with decent instructions for installation? Does anyone have pics of installation? How much time/what tools are required?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
Old 11-20-2006, 05:44 AM
sabrefanpc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine, not really bad. I had bad luck and had my alternator pulley being a p.i.t.a., but even then it wasn't a big issue. There are a few walkthroughs iirc, I will try and find some for you.

Time? Depends, but if you don't have much experience I would give yourself plenty of time. Could be done in under an hour easy, but if you are taking your time and making sure to do it right and are inexperienced, at least allot yourself 2 hours or so incase you hit a snag.

Tools- Ratchet set, breaker bar for sure. Some kind of extension for the breaker bar too, I used a 4 ft steel pipe and it ended up BENDING the crank pulley was on so tight, but others have used hockey sticks, etc. A rubber mallet would be nice to have on hand but a hammer with a rag could substitute if absolutely needed. Wacking the pulley can loosen it enough to slide it off ussualy.

Side note: just make sure to get gates belts or whatever you get will squeal.

If you do plan on doing this, shoot me a pm.