Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Heated seat switch question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 03:20 PM
stuart735

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heated seat switch question

There are two settings for the heated seats. When I put the switch on low, the light for the low setting (on the low side of the rocker switch) goes on. When I put the swithc on high, the light for the low setting still goes on. It looks like there's supposed be a light for "high" on the high side of the switch, but since it doesn't go on, I don't know whether there really is a "high" light. Anybody know the answer to this??
Old 03-30-2003, 06:57 PM
rich3rd

Default switch

Mine is the same. I do not think that there are two lights in the switch. I am going to have to get my heated seats checked. When I put it on high, it only works for about 5 minutes.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:01 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Re: switch

Originally posted by rich3rd
Mine is the same. I do not think that there are two lights in the switch. I am going to have to get my heated seats checked. When I put it on high, it only works for about 5 minutes.
Recently, my wife mentioned to me that the passenger heated seat switch was not functioning. When that switch is activated, the light does not come on and the passenger seat remains cold.
Since I'm never on that side, I have no idea how long the switch has been inoperative. I decided to unscrew the center console to investigate. It appears that the left and right heater switches utilize the same fuse, and that was fine. So I know it wasn't a blown fuse.

I attempted to temporarily swap the switches in an effort to trouble shoot the switch itself. I wanted to see if it may be a problem in that portion of the wiring. However, they can't be swapped because their respective connectors are configured differently.

Has anyone experienced this particular problem with their seat heater switches? Hmmmm, I guess I'll just have to visit the Nissan parts counter to eventually replace my passenger switch.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
xcessiveskllzz

where is the heated seat fuse locateD?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankmusic
Recently, my wife mentioned to me that the passenger heated seat switch was not functioning. When that switch is activated, the light does not come on and the passenger seat remains cold.
Since I'm never on that side, I have no idea how long the switch has been inoperative. I decided to unscrew the center console to investigate. It appears that the left and right heater switches utilize the same fuse, and that was fine. So I know it wasn't a blown fuse.

I attempted to temporarily swap the switches in an effort to trouble shoot the switch itself. I wanted to see if it may be a problem in that portion of the wiring. However, they can't be swapped because their respective connectors are configured differently.

Has anyone experienced this particular problem with their seat heater switches? Hmmmm, I guess I'll just have to visit the Nissan parts counter to eventually replace my passenger switch.
I have the same problem with the passeger heater.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:43 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich3rd

The seats have a thermostat - type thing on them, so if your inside temp is hot, the seats won't stay on.. It's a precautionary thing.

Mine go on after a few minutes, then off for a while, then back on. Normal.
The following users liked this post:
Cartel (06-01-2020)