Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

***Window grease TSB is out!***

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 11:47 AM
fotodad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great news! But...

This is great news about Nissan releasing a TSB on the window streak issue. Here's my concern: Okay, so they spend five hours taking the door panels off, taking the windows off, taking a bunch of other stuff off, etc., will all this dismantling cause rattles and/or squeeks after everything is put back together? If so, I'll stick to cleaning the windows. Sure, I can take it back under warranty and tell them the window streaking is gone but now I've got a bunch of rattles. But I don't have all the time in the world to be running back and forth to the dealer. And, plus, we all know what it's like to get a dealer to fix a rattle. Their hearing typically isn't as good as ours.

Could someone who plans on having a dealer use this TSB to fix their streaking problem post their reaction to the fix, please? I'm certain there are many variables involved whether rattles in the door occur after this fix, but I'd like as much info going into the dealer as I can.

Thanks!
Michael
Old 04-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Intrepid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the door is reassembled properly, it should be fine. If it's not, I'll bring it back to the dealer.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:05 PM
del105
15 f125

I called gwinnet place nissan and it took me a while to convince them but they ordered the parts for me and fixing it on thursday
Old 04-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Intrepid

Someone should post a copy of this TSB. If you have it and don't have a scanner, send me a private message. I'll give you my FAX number and I'll post it up.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:12 AM
POWERZ

Dealer called yesterday to tell me my parts were in! Took only 3 business days, so I can't complain.

My dealer is an hour away, so I don't know how soon I can get it there to be fixed...
Old 04-09-2003, 08:49 AM
DMONTE

Just got back from the dealer, they said that the warehouse canceled the order because they were not allowed to ship out the new parts until today so they should have them in a few days

The mechanic says I may also need new window regulators because my auto up-and-down when opening the window feature is working less and less, if you open your door with the window up you may be able to manually pusher window up-and-down half-inch mechanic says this is not correct, he supposed to be calling the manufacture and letting me know what they say.

D Monte
Old 04-09-2003, 09:40 AM
s9am_me

its April 9th now... so is the TSB officially out? I'm about to schedule for an oil change at the dealer and i'll ask him to order the parts at the same time. Do I need to give him the part/reference numbers?? or "should" it be in the system already?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:53 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by s9am_me
its April 9th now... so is the TSB officially out? I'm about to schedule for an oil change at the dealer and i'll ask him to order the parts at the same time. Do I need to give him the part/reference numbers?? or "should" it be in the system already?
Yes! It really exists. The dealer should already have it. If not all teh info is in earlier posts of this thread.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally posted by DMONTE

The mechanic says I may also need new window regulators because my auto up-and-down when opening the window feature is working less and less, if you open your door with the window up you may be able to manually pusher window up-and-down half-inch mechanic says this is not correct, he supposed to be calling the manufacture and letting me know what they say.

D Monte
I also have the same problem. This is on the driver side window. I thought it was caused by the new 6.5" speaker I replaced in the doors. I guess I'll show the service advisor when I take the car in for the window grease tsb.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:23 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Just got my car back from the dealer. They installed the 2 piece fix-it kit in both windows. NO MORE GREASE
No window rattle either. Will have to wait and see if this lasts.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:26 AM
POWERZ

That's great! Do you know how long it took the dealership to complete the repair?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
DMONTE

Originally posted by zwindsor
Just got my car back from the dealer. They installed the 2 piece fix-it kit in both windows. NO MORE GREASE
No window rattle either. Will have to wait and see if this lasts.

Are you sure that was the updated parts, yesterday I went to get mine fixed but they tell me the factory was just releasing the parts and had automatically canceled my previous order because they were not allowed to send them out until yesterday .

D Monte
Old 04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
POWERZ

My dealer ordered the new part number the morning I started this thread and got them only 3 days later. Warehouses cancelling orders and not being allowed to send parts??? Sounds like dealer bs to me... Hopefully you can get the parts and the fix done soon! Maybe try a different dealer if you aren't having any luck.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:49 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

POWERZ:
Not sure because they did it while the car was in having both cam cover gaskets replaced. I would have to guess probably 2+ hours.

DMONTE:
It is the correct part. Matching numbers on the work order and on the TSB. My dealer didn't get my car until Monday, ordered parts and they arrived yesterday.

Try your dealer again.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
DMONTE

I would have thought the same thing but I was there when the parts guy was trying to figure out why they canceled it, the dealership has been more than excellence so far. Does your driver window pull up and down a half-inch with your hand when the doors open and the window is fully up? Mine does and the mechanic contacted Nissan to see if I need new window regulators but Nissan has not got back to him yet.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by DMONTE
Does your driver window pull up and down a half-inch with your hand when the doors open and the window is fully up? Mine does and the mechanic contacted Nissan to see if I need new window regulators but Nissan has not got back to him yet.
I don't know. The window shouldn't be in the "full up" position if the door is open anyway. What prompted that test on your car? I can see the window moving if it's in the recessed position because then there should be about 1/2" play.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:24 PM
DMONTE

Originally posted by zwindsor
I don't know. The window shouldn't be in the "full up" position if the door is open anyway. What prompted that test on your car? I can see the window moving if it's in the recessed position because then there should be about 1/2" play.
The reason the mechanic tried it I believe is because the Windows no longer automatically goes up and down the full amount when opening and closing the door. So now when my Windows are fully up and I open the door I can grab the window and push it down further and pull it up manually the mechanic doesn't believe that is correct that's why he is contacting Nissan to find out what the problem really may be, Do you know if your Windows do the same?
Old 04-10-2003, 12:40 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Mine are functioning fine at the moment. Your problem does sounf like a regulator problem.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by iris
f**k that ****!! zxsaint, i need to do it too - where did u call? was it torrance (where hfm likes)?
Iris, others on this thread, many of us preorder owners had the grease problem fixed several months ago w/o a TSB. This is a problem most Zs have had since the first deliveries. Look in the Comprehensive Problems List we Charter members put out months ago and check the date.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Intrepid

Will post TSB shortly.

Quick Reply: ***Window grease TSB is out!***