Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

rattling/vibration noise coming from muffler area while car is just started? ne1 else

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Raistlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattling/vibration noise coming from muffler area while car is just started? ne1 else

My girls Z has a rattling/vibration noise coming from the muffler area. This is only happening when the car is cold. She noticed it when she pulls out of the garage and leaves car to shut garage door (why no garage door opener..... no clue)

I heard it today and it is pretty loud, sometimes it sounds like it is coming form the left then other times from the right side. Once car is warmer and actually driven there is no noise.

just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

TIA
Old 05-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Raistlin

bump

NE1?
Old 05-13-2003, 06:21 AM
abz123

Why not check the muffler and see if it's crushed or disconnected? Does she have a habit of backing into parking spaces?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Raistlin

Nope... she does not back into parking spaces. I checked the muffler and everything looks connected/tight. But then again, what the hell do I know.

She is going to be bringing it to the dealer, I just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. And it doesn't look like it has.

Thanks