Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

oil problems? suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 AM
chewychew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil problems? suspension?

so this weekend, i decide i am going to raise my car and install my cusco fron a arms, to correct the camber. after 3 hrs of trying to break my coilover loose, it wont budge, so i decide to just leave it at that height and install the camber arm anyways. since the car is up on jack stands, i do my oil change too.

immediately after, i finish installing and changing the oil, i drive off. and 10 minutes in while the oil is still cool. i have no problems. by the tuime i get home, there is a weird vibration( it almost feels like there is sand in the engine, very gritty and not smooth when i rev up).

I check my oil pressure gauge, everything is normal, engine temp is normal. While the car is moving i shift into neutral and let it coast. There is sudeenly no vibration. This rules out for me at least the idea that maybe the camber arm was coasuing it. Only when i push the gas, even slightly does the vibration come in. it also dimishes with higher rpm .

Any ideas what is wrong?

My freind thinks it might be the upper control camber arm bushing, vibrating with the frequency of the engine. therfore as i get on the gas, i start to hear it, while in neutral it doesnt make noise.

My friend also thinks its might be something having to do with the oil. maybe i put in too much?

Also after i drove home,. i can smell something burning coming from the engine bay, very slight but definitely there. I also blew a white or grey ploom of smoke ( keep in mind i do not have cats, i have test pipes and hks exhaust)

This is the breakdown. I drive to a friends house to install the camber arms and rear spc camber kit, also change my oil. before i install there, driving up, everything was normal. Once i install the camber arms front and rear and change the oil, all these problems start happening.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Old 08-13-2007, 10:04 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the puff of blue smoke would be excess oil burning off from an overfill, but the vibration is probably something to do with your suspension upgrade. How can you overfill the oil, i mean come on... 5 quart max fill, each container is a quart...... this isn't rocket science, 5 quart containers, not 6 or 7 or even 5 1/2. I would just drain a half of quart and check the stick to see if it overfilled.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
chewychew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hondakiller:

thats exactly what im saying. i put in exactly 5 quarts, i dont get why its doing this at all. gayness. thankx btw
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your test pipes and exhaust for clearance issues. Possible the vibration is coming from one of the pipes under accelleration, but doesn't vibrate when in neutral.