Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Cruise Control Jerks

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Seamaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Jerks

When i set on cruise control, when my Z traveling down grade, the car jerks back very 10sec or so. Feels like someone tap the brake for me, super annoying. I had 2001 Audi A6 and 1991 Subaru Legacy berfore my Z, both car are smooth on cruise control. i ran into another z owner in a gas station, he said his Z does same thing, anyone else here?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
knate

My car does as well, I believe it's normal for a car with as much compression as we have. Try going down a hill and try pressing the gas to 1-2% then let off again, and it should feel about the same. A little annoying and probably could have been programmed a little different, but I don't think there's a 'fix'.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
savvy

base model with no cruise control FTW?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Seamaster

Originally Posted by knate
My car does as well, I believe it's normal for a car with as much compression as we have. Try going down a hill and try pressing the gas to 1-2% then let off again, and it should feel about the same. A little annoying and probably could have been programmed a little different, but I don't think there's a 'fix'.
It is a shame Nissan has been making cars for so many year, can't get the simple stuff right.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
djclongisland

its normal, on all cars, when your going downhill your car starts to accelerate due to gravity, the car wants to stay at the speed you set it to so it lets off the throtle, and when u go uphill, your car will accelerate, all to maintain your cruise speed =)
Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
nismo53E

noticed this on my Z as well. for those who say it's normal for cars, or normal for high compression engines...i suggest taking a ride in an 06+ S2000 on cruise control...perfect. the car doesn't even make the slightest jerk, any speed, uphill, downhill...just set it and forget it. but i am a little disappointed in the Z's cruise. oh well. one small gripe for what has so far been a great car.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Seamaster

Originally Posted by nismo53E
noticed this on my Z as well. for those who say it's normal for cars, or normal for high compression engines...i suggest taking a ride in an 06+ S2000 on cruise control...perfect. the car doesn't even make the slightest jerk, any speed, uphill, downhill...just set it and forget it. but i am a little disappointed in the Z's cruise. oh well. one small gripe for what has so far been a great car.
same here. i was spoiled by the Audi i guess