Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window not dropping much anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:05 AM
davidh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uuuuurrrrggggg!!!!! I am now a not so proud member of the window doesn't go down enough club. Passenger side only (so far. Any word on a fix?
Old 07-11-2003, 10:54 AM
SHAQMAGIC

I should've measured the window drop, they say it's fixed, I can't really tell.

I'll live with it unless it becomes an issue, I'd rather go to the dentist than the service department.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:07 AM
the_bode

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I posted earlier that my dealer fixed the window drop problem... Unfortunately, two weeks later my driver's side window is again not dropping enough, almost getting caught in the frame when opening the door.

I think the short-term fix to reset the window memory was just that--a short-term fix.

I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it back for my 11.25K scheduled maintenance, and let you know.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:23 PM
jsimone

Angry

I have the same problem with the driver side window. It eventually wore out the rubber boot over the black piece of the door in the front. It now sticks out and flapps on the highway. They are telling me it is just an ajustment and they will replace the rubber boot. I will see next week when I take it back for the new front tires and the window.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:12 AM
350Now

I'm noticing problem with window drop now as well. I have about 15K now on my car and had this car since Nov. The driver side window will slightly drop but sometimes will not come up when the door is close. Also notice that when you drop the window and drive for a while trying to close the window is a problem. The freaking window won't come up unless you slightly nudge the window down some more. One more issue regarding window is that I'm noticing the rubber pieces are being worn because of this. Taking my car to the dealer and we'll see what they say.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:55 AM
dthoman

Default Window drop and return

My car is in the dealership right now as we speak for the window drop and return problem.

My started after the TSB was done for the grease marks. Which by the way have returned.

It is now the 3rd time for window dropping and 4th time for grease marks.

If it is not fixed today, it is time to contact an attorney.

As I posted previously, if you are under 18 months or 18,000 miles you can have Nissan buy back your vehicle if you take it in more than 3 times for the same repair issue. So on the 4th attempt they are screwed.

Today's the day. I keep everyone posted. The dealer says that they are two seperate issues. I say they are related.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:02 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Today's the day. I keep everyone posted. The dealer says that they are two seperate issues. I say they are related.
I also suspect this is the cause (having Window Grease TSB done). I wonder if anyone out there has this problem without having done the TSB.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:36 AM
350Now

Default Window Drop and Return Problem

Hi My_Tampa_Z

I'm having this problem without getting the window grease TSB done. My car is at the service dept now and is getting checked out for the drop and return and also to get the TSB done for the grease marks.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:00 PM
xndsan

I have the same problem and my car is only a month old. Driver side only drops a little bit but passenger side is fine. This problem started before i got my windows tinted so it can't be casued by that. If it gets any worse I will have to take it into the dealer. Just my .02 cents
Old 07-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Trackbite

I dropped my car off at the dealer today to fix this problem. They acknowledged the window not going down like it should and promised to get it fixed. I'll post my results.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:54 PM
350Now

Well got my car back and they have acknowledge there is a problem with the driver side window. A new motor has been ordered, also the rubber by the windows will be replaced due to premature wear. The parts for my window grease problem will also be ordered so 3 things has to be done.

1. Window Drop and Return problem (New motor)

2. Window Grease (New parts)

3. Rubber around door (New Parts).

We'll see what happens after all the parts come in and I get this thing fixed. Will keep posted when more info is available.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:14 PM
350Now

Well another twist to this window drop issue. My window after lowering today will now not come up. I can't hear any motor running so the motor might now be dead. This sux since now I have to take it in since I have no choice and have them do something, anything. Can't park my car 10+ hours while at work with window down, car might be gone. This is starting to annoy the heck out of me and if I don't get some fix or feedback i'm going to blow up.... Anyone here from Nissan Corporate...
Old 08-07-2003, 04:48 AM
spud

Add me to the window drop issue.
It didnt have the problem until yesterday when i checked.
I looked at it when i got home and it was working fine.
When i took it out later, it started having the problem.

Funny that i just found out about it after reading the site yesterday. Go figure... Ill post the results when i can.
Im just gonna wait until my next service to address this issue as well as the grease problem. FYI car was built in Nov 02 and it has 8K miles on it.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 AM
350Now

Well, I am now a satisfied nissan customer. I had my car in the dealer yesterday and sure enough there was a back order on the motor for the windows. However, my service advisor took service to another level and did me a huge favor. He was waiting for my motor to come in, so to help me out, he took a motor out of a new Z from the dealership and put that motor in. When my ordered motor comes in he will just put it in the Z that the dealer owns. After the fix the window is now status quo. All is working and I greatly appreciate the service this guy provided.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:58 AM
kitkos

I took mine in to the dealer and they said they fixed it enough to allow the window to drop enogh to allow opening and closing of the door.

New Twist.
After two weeks my window is now stuck in the FULL UP position.
I can not hear the motor trying to work so I think I will need a new motor also.
Labor Day weekend so I guess I have to wait until Tuesday.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:13 PM
350Now

Just FYI: I've read someone else on this board is getting the window motor replaced and it's on national backorder.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:38 PM
tanakaZ

doh! Include me in this club. So from reading this thread, there are two possible issues? window motor or window memory position? Does anyone know exactly what the issue is?
Old 09-02-2003, 08:11 AM
kitkos

Originally posted by 350Now
Just FYI: I've read someone else on this board is getting the window motor replaced and it's on national backorder.
My service department just called and located a Left Door Window Motor. It will be here by Thursday. Maybe they have gotten them in recently.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:43 PM
kitkos

They installed the new window motor on Friday. Working good now. I hope it stays that way.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:12 PM
mberthia

Same issue with mine. 2 weeks ago I brought it in for the first oil change and asked them to fix 1) the grease streaks and 2) the windows not dropping. They called when it was ready and told me that they adjusted the windows and ordered the kit for the grease streak fix. I think that they did not do anything except place the order for the parts. They probably figured they could get by with opening the door only once when the grease kit came in. It could not tell any difference with the window. It was still to high and sometimes the pass side window would hit the sheet metal when closing.

I brought it back yesterday since they received the grease kit. This time they did open the door for sure. They said that all they did was move the whole glass system down. I'm not impressed ! All that would mean is that the window would not seal as well as before. The windows are designed to go up in the sills to reduce wind noise. In addition now when I open the door, the window catches the sheet metal. They also scratched the A pilar which I will have to live with since I don’t want them to repaint it and the broke the mirror switch. Had to wait an extra day for the switch to arrive. The dealer agrees it's not fixed but they don't know what to do. They are going to call Nissan to find out if they have a fix.

Quick Reply: Window not dropping much anymore?