Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Help!!! She won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
hiszrox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! She won't start!

My boy's 04 Z won't start. It has a custom push button start with kill switch on the ceiling between the map lights and the windshield, which Nissan is blaming. Apparently the chip won't read, (I guess there is a valet key somewhere in the steering column that normally allows the chip to read). They are proposing reverting to the stock ignition which will cost some coin we don't have. He bought the car with the mods already there, and though he has most of the previous owner's receipts, he doesn't have one for the ignition. We live in AZ, and there can only be so many places that do this type of work, right?
Any one have ideas on what we can try to fix it, or what shop may have done the mod? Any help is appreciated. He's freaking out without his baby.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you bought the car with the push start. But why do people install such dumb things when you still have to have a key to start. It's like two function to control one thing that was simple from the start. Even though the push start doesn't work, it wont start with just the key? That wouldn't make sense.

I don't know how far Intense Power is from your town. But give them a call and maybe they can return the system back to normal. Or they might know someone who can. Here's there link. intensepower.com
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push button start is BS. Just causes problems in todays cars with electrical gizmos.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
350zsocal

you can check and see if the sensor in the colom is bad by bypassing it when you disconect the wire you can get a new one at a junk yard but then you have to re key or have a key cut to your key then programed to the new chip so best off become buddies with someone at the dealer by you so they can conect the scanner to it and test it for you but let me know what you do and where you are i have friends at the dealers here and im 3 hrs away ill let you know tomorrow if you want pm me
Old 01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
hiszrox

Default Thanks

From what I've gathered so far, it should be like a remote start without the remote, and there should be a box with the key in it or sticking out of it. I'm going to take a look and see if its something as simple as that key fell out. He has a second key, so I'll try that one too along with the wires. I'm not familiar with stuff like this so I appreciate the help 350zsocal.
VIZAGE, the push button is the only way to start the car. The other ignition was completely removed and only a empty space with a cover remain. Looks cool, however in a situation such as this, it proves problematic.