Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Are all Service Departments horrible.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 06:09 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all Service Departments horrible.

Bought car in Tuesday night for serice Wed the 2nd.
I called on Wed at 4pm (they close at 5), they said car not ready today, looks good for tomorrow. Okay.

Thursday I'm playing golf, so my wife gets her Dad and they pick up the car (she can't drive stick).

This starts the dilemma, they don't know what I requested and take car without checking. (Either that or my car stays at dealer until Monday)

Problem1) Window Grease, I give them the TSB.
Answer 1) removed door panel to adjust and clean off grease.
My Comment 1) That's not the TSB fix, drivers side window still has grease, basically bullshi&&&&.

Problem2) Vehicle pulls sightly to right, I give TSB.
Answer 2) Adjusted tire pressure.
My Comment2)That's not the TSB, ridiculous answer, plus car never left lot, (based on mileage) so who at Nissan checked if car still drifted to right.

Problem 3) No Nav manual with car delivery.
Answer 3) They got me the manual.
My Comment) Thank you.

Problem 4)Electronic tire gauge never worked.
Answer4) Reset Air pressure sensor.
My Comment)They fixed it, however pressure was 42 psi when I got home from golf, 2 hours after my car was sitting in my driveway. ARE THEY KIDDING ME!!!!!! Technicians, professionals.
My father-in-law doesn't know there's a gauge or what service I requested, he goes, "man your car has one hell of a bumpy ride."
So they fixed my pull to the right by putting my tire pressure to 42 psi. What a joke.

Problem 5)Drivers side splash guard paint peeling off.
Answer5) Special ordered new guard painted to match.
My Comment) I'm happy with that answer.

Problem 6) drivers window doesn't drop as much as use to.
Answer 6) Part of repair to problem 1.
My comment 6) Maybe, I don't think they fixed it, but not too bad before I went there, but asked because I was there.

Summary: Grease, low window drop and pull to right still there.
Nav book received, tire pressure sensor fixed and splash guard will be replaced.

50%....... for a baseball player they'd be in the hall of fame.
For a dealer service center, unfortunately they are probably average.

I still haven't spoken to anyone there, that will have to wait until Monday.

The Tire pressure gets me the most.

Who has a good Nissan Service Station on Long Island.
Thanks.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:39 PM
danotto

Make sure to tell Nissan about this in the survey they send out after service. Took my dealership 3 visits to finally fix the window grease TSB. They just could not get it right. I also had the tech adjust my headlights while I was in the car. He said they would not go any higher because the adjustment was maxed out. I got home and adjusted the lights myself and found that the headlamps are VERY adjustable, they will go as high as you would ever like them to go. I guess he was adjusting the wrong thing...

I just finished filling out the survey and was not nice to the dealership. I praised the service advisor and his manager, as they were both very helpful in the whole process, but I did not give them high marks on the quality of their work.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:56 AM
desiree27

Default Exact same issues. Alignment and peeling of splash guards.

I just posted a message about my dealership issues. Got my car back with severe front end damage. The dealership is being a pain in the ***./

Initially I took it in because of an alignment issue, not having seen this website, I thought maybe it was my imagination.

Dealership wants to replace the compression rod as well as adjust the alignment.

And yes, the splash guards are peeling off my Z as well, took it in for that too.

But like I said, now I have to deal with the damage done to my car by the dealership on top of everything else.

AHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-07-2003, 08:17 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Exact same issues. Alignment and peeling of splash guards.

Originally posted by desiree27
I just posted a message about my dealership issues. Got my car back with severe front end damage. The dealership is being a pain in the ***./

Initially I took it in because of an alignment issue, not having seen this website, I thought maybe it was my imagination.

Dealership wants to replace the compression rod as well as adjust the alignment.

And yes, the splash guards are peeling off my Z as well, took it in for that too.

But like I said, now I have to deal with the damage done to my car by the dealership on top of everything else.

AHHHHHHHHH
I'd be talking to a lawyer if the damage is truly severe and they haven't offered to fix everything at no charge.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:43 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Why is the service center doing "us" a favor.
We buy the cars or they'd have no job, am I right?

Didn't get to call dealer today, will post when I do and what they say.