Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Engine turns over.. won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
ghost30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine turns over.. won't start.

I took the car to infiniti.. I couldn't duplicate the problem (of course). But they replaced my NAT sensor and reprogrammed my keys. 3 days later the car still has the same issue.

Basically, my car will randomly be in security mode. When I turn the key, I can actually see that the alarm light is solid. The engine will turn over but won't start. When it does this, it seems to take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour to "reset" if I leave to alone.

This mostly happens when I make 2 or 3 stops.. i.e. turn the car off while running errands etc.. when I restart the car the 2nd, 3rd, 4th consecutive stop, the alarm system will kick in, not allowing me to start the engine.

Sometimes it won't happen in a whole day. Sometimes It will happen the first time I want to restart the car from running just one errand. Lately.. I've been leaving the car running when I make a stop so I wont be stranded.

I'm thinking I might have a starter problem?

Lately, I've been experimenting with my bluetooth phone.. perhaps I'm getting wireless interference?

I'm on my 3rd engine (oil consumption). The irony is that the new engine is not burning oil.. but the trade off is I have to be stranded randomly every now and then.

I'd rather be consuming oil again.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Billhyco

not sure what a NAT sensor is... explain?

if you have another key that starts the car... next time this happens try the other key.

typically if it is a key issue, the car WILL start but only for about 1-2 seconds and shut back off. Is this happening?
Old 04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
ghost30

Originally Posted by Billhyco
not sure what a NAT sensor is... explain?

if you have another key that starts the car... next time this happens try the other key.

typically if it is a key issue, the car WILL start but only for about 1-2 seconds and shut back off. Is this happening?
NATS sensor I suppose has something to do with the key sensor and the alarm.

When my engine won't start, neither key will work. When it does start, the car will stay on.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Youngz

Check this:

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/336789-utec-affecting-nats-security-system.html
Old 05-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Bananas!

Hey Ghost,
This same thing has happened to me about four times now. I have discovered is that if you turn the ignition off and remove the key from the ignition, push the lock button on the FOB (to set the security system) then push the unlock button, put the key back into the ignition and turn it to start, my car starts right up. Hope that this will work for you as well.

Bananas!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

does you guys fan turns on when key is in POSITION 3? and does your BRAKE LIGHT goes off and never goes away even when EBRAKE is disengaged??? help me please.... thanks...