Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Installed new clutch, flywheel and rear alignment kit, now I've got a rattle...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new clutch, flywheel and rear alignment kit, now I've got a rattle...

I just finished up an install on a JWT clutch/flywheel and SPC rear alignment kit, and now I've got a wonderful clanging noise when I go over bumps.

I thought (hoped) the noise I am hearing was due to needing an alignment. Unfortunately it wasn't, I just got the car aligned and the sound is still there.

My car has 30,002 miles on it.

I've tried moving the exhaust by hand but it seems solid and flexes but does not appear to be making contact with anything. It almost sounds like the drive shaft is making contact in the rear main seal area, but it was torqued down to spec to the rear diff so I don't see how it could be making any noise.

Could it be due to the spring in the spring bucket when I installed the spc control arm?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by koolzero; 05-05-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:49 AM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed. It was the exhaust, the h-pipe was hitting the cross member. The HKS is pretty adjustable so I loosend the bolts and raised the section and tightened them back down.