Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Variant of the "Clutch pedal springs back up halfway" problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Ge|atinousFury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Variant of the "Clutch pedal springs back up halfway" problem

I've been searching old threads all morning about clutch pedal problems on this forum and others but I can't seem to find anyone with my exact situation. I have an 06 350Z (base - 6 spd manual) with 60,000 miles and up until this morning I've never had a problem with the car. The car is completely stock.

When I backed out of my driveway this morning and started the drive to work I noticed that the clutch pedal was only springing back about half of the distance that it usually does. All the other threads I've read talk about this happening once everything warms up, but this was happening right when I began my drive this morning. I have a 30 minute drive to work and it seemed like as I got closer and closer to work the clutch pedal seemed to be returning more and more outwards like it should. By the time I got to work the problem had went away some, but the return still isn't as it should be.

The shifting of gears is perfect, with no slipping, weird noises, or weird smells. I saw no leaking fluid in my garage floor when I backed out this morning, nor did I see any fluid leaking from my car when I got to work. I checked the clutch fluid when I got to work and the fluid level was perfectly fine.

I'm at a loss as to what this could be. The actual shifting of gears is perfect, but the pedal just isn't springing back the way it should. It's a far cry from the "my pedal is stuck on the floor" posts that I see so much of on the forum.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
invazn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im assuming your car is still under warranty? go bring it in. sticking clutches can be dangerous.